• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Turkey Breast

I've seen the raw frozen ones at Restaurant Depot and I believe they have them at Costco Business center. I haven't seen them in regular grocery stores around here except for already cooked, and I don't think they have them at regular Costco - but not finding stuff is my superpower, so there's that. :oops:

They sell huge fresh ones at our local grocery store meat counter here in the KC area. I've never smoked one, but they are great grilled. I'll have to try smoking one sometime.

Boneless as the ones that look like a roast and come in a mesh netting? I see them more during the holidays. They do cook evenly, and slice really nice.

Two other decent options would buying a bone-in breast and removing the ribs and backbone yourself, but breasts come at a higher price per pound. Next option is buy a whole turkey, remove the legs and thighs and roast them for a rich turkey stock, and smoke the breast.

Good question. My option so far is buy the bone-in breasts and remove the breasts myself. I'd love to skip the work and find them already cut.

Very fortunate to have a nearby store that specializes in Amish poultry and get anything I want with a couple days notice. Give them a call and maybe they can connect you to a source in your area Peacocks Poultry

Last edited:
qrdGZfL.jpg

Here is a turkey breast where I removed the neck, backbone and ribs, then trimmed a lot of the keel bone off before tying back up for smoking.

PtLkhEX.jpg

A lot of good replies. Ya looking for the one that you always see on tv when they are touring a bbq joint no bone and you can slice it

Honestly get frozen ones from my local Walmart and then de-bone. They come out great. Use the exact recipe from here.

I've found them at Restaurant Depot but that's the only place and it's roughly $2.50/Lb. I can buy whole turkeys at just about any grocery store for about $.79/Lb, so it's much cheaper and just easier to buy a whole turkey and slice off the breast myself. I followed Chef Tom's video and it's so simple.

https://youtu.be/bwY43-1c448?t=1

I've also made this Turkey Roulade recipe and it's fantastic!

I guess im not really looking for a recipe but trying find if a grocery chain regularly carries the whole de-boned breast all netted and ready for me to brine etc ... Save a step :razz:

Back