MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 12-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #166
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Nice looking MOINKs and fatty! The fatty is colorful

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->

Old 12-12-2010, 01:42 PM   #167
---k---
is Blowin Smoke!

Those MOINKs look great. No offense, and just me, but I might vote for the MOINKs over the fattie.

Proudly Smoking on a UDS, PBC &
Accidental Winner of the 2012 "Saucy" Throwdown.
---k--- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:45 PM   #168
---k---
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
Earlier we thought it wasn't quite fair because some people submitted multiple entries, I believe even multiple pics of the same dish, getting zeros this way. If they are different dishes, I have no problem at all. Heck, I'm easy.

And ---k---, why are you asking? Do you really think you have what it takes?
I'm already in the Zero club! Remember my apple entry that I thought for sure would take first.

I was asking because Campdude said something about entering multiple dishes and maybe one would get him in the zero club. Just wanted a confirmation on how easy you are.

Proudly Smoking on a UDS, PBC &
Accidental Winner of the 2012 "Saucy" Throwdown.
---k--- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:58 PM   #169
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Fantastic looking MOINK and Fatty there! I have to admit, I love the colors and textures in the Fatty pic, but the MOINK pic has a lot of cool depth and directional contrasts. I don't think you can go wrong with either pic, but since I have never won you might not want to take my advice for much!
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 12-12-2010, 02:25 PM   #170
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---k--- View Post
I'm already in the Zero club! Remember my apple entry that I thought for sure would take first.

I was asking because Campdude said something about entering multiple dishes and maybe one would get him in the zero club. Just wanted a confirmation on how easy you are.
I guess it would really be something to win a throwdown with one dish and get a zero with another. Oh, I remember your apples and I bet they tasted really good. And as far as being easy, well,
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:32 PM   #171
R2Egg2Q
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---k--- View Post
Those MOINKs look great. No offense, and just me, but I might vote for the MOINKs over the fattie.
No offense taken! I struggled with the decision to post the MOINKs or the fatty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
Fantastic looking MOINK and Fatty there! I have to admit, I love the colors and textures in the Fatty pic, but the MOINK pic has a lot of cool depth and directional contrasts. I don't think you can go wrong with either pic, but since I have never won you might not want to take my advice for much!
I like the colors on the Fatty but I'm color blind! Ultimately I decided against using the MOINK ball pic as I noticed a little char on some of them in the pic and I know I can take a better pic of MOINK balls (I have plenty more meatballs & there's still time to make more and submit another TD entry! )

BGEs: XL, Large, Small, Mini, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, MAK 1-Star General, Karubecue C-60, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA, Summit S-620 NG; custom BGE & Weber handles by brethren martyleach

[U][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"]CLICK HERE to join us in a BBQ Brethren Throwdown![/URL][/U]
R2Egg2Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:27 PM   #172
Wrench_H
is One Chatty Farker

Great looking fatty and MOINKS!

CharGriller Smokin Pro, King Kooker Cast Propane Smoker, Smokey Joe Silver, Blue Mosaic Kamado, Traeger 075(Somehow I now have 2 of these), Weber Performer, BW Fatboy, Char Griller Akorn

Multiple Time [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/group.php?groupid=39"]Zero[/URL] Member

Try the [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"]Throwdowns[/URL] - MMMMM...tastes like liquid crystal
Wrench_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:49 PM   #173
campdude
Babbling Farker

The MOINKS and the fatty look really good.
campdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:52 PM   #174
landarc

And a quality 100th post it is, nice job on the MOINKs in particular

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:22 AM   #175
Jonny Rotisserie
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2Egg2Q View Post
This is my 100th "quality" post and faced with my status changing from "Knows what a fatty is" I thought I'd better make a fatty while I still know what it is!
The finished MOINK balls:

Thanks for this special throwdown and looking at my 100th post!
Very impressive job on both the fatty and the moink balls. I actually *gasp* have not made either yet, but after seeing your post I am inspired to give both a try. NOW.

--Jonny Rotisserie
Old 12-13-2010, 02:17 PM   #176
Grinchjr
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Well this will be my first entry into a throw down. I only have a cell phone for a camera so sorry for the pics. The link to the thread about this dish is http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=97051 here.

Hope you all like it. This is my second time smoking some pork.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:45 PM   #177
bigabyte

I'd hit that fo sho!
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:41 PM   #178
campdude
Babbling Farker

Farkin' good lookin' pork there!
campdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:09 PM   #179
bluetang

Name/Nickname : Mike

Virgins my foot! These folks are GOOD! Great entry's by all
Homey, the Homegrown frier, 22" WSM, 18.5" Elderly(but not retired) WSM,Homegrown Electric, Weber gasserrrr,Weber Performer, Gravity feed smoker, Blackstone, Indisputably Fastest [COLOR=purple]Purple[/COLOR] Thermapen, SAI Satay Grill

bluetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:39 PM   #180
Wrench_H
is One Chatty Farker

Pulled Pork looks great, nice job!

CharGriller Smokin Pro, King Kooker Cast Propane Smoker, Smokey Joe Silver, Blue Mosaic Kamado, Traeger 075(Somehow I now have 2 of these), Weber Performer, BW Fatboy, Char Griller Akorn

Multiple Time [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/group.php?groupid=39"]Zero[/URL] Member

Try the [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"]Throwdowns[/URL] - MMMMM...tastes like liquid crystal
Wrench_H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cook well, Marsha Marsha Marsha!, New Shark in Town, No silly tags here, Throwdown, Throwdown Entry Thread