My very first whole red snapper on the grill

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I brought this home from my recent trip to the beach...
I had never tried grilling a whole red snapper before, I used the Hasty Bake grill.

The fish was cleaned and they scaled it for me. I removed the fins...

5e2a04d0-1.jpg

seasoned with sea salt, lemon pepper, drizzled with olive oil and stuffed with lemon slices and fresh thyme.

37252e9c-1.jpg

smoked my rice with scallions, in chicken stock first..... then grilled a few leeks..

8c1e2516-1.jpg

added the snapper...

6ec7748d-1.jpg

2ada8af4-1.jpg

0886195c-1.jpg

411c42cf-1.jpg

the missing eye didn't bother me...

f25d8a04-1.jpg

but I tried to make it look better.. (I was playing with my food :) )

I tried a slice of lemon..

fc452d49-1.jpg

the cherry tomato looked worse than no eye...

c6adb62f-1.jpg

so I settled on a Pirate's patch made from a grilled leek.

e0a5157f-1.jpg

I mixed some of the grilled leeks into the rice...

4866737f-1.jpg

I loved the fish. Pretty sure I need to move closer to the ocean. :-D

Thanks for looking!

Yee haw cowgirl, them are some purdy pictures. I love the way you plated it. It looks very delicious. Thanks for sharing!

Not only are you an awesome cook,. but I loved the sense of humor with the fish eyez! I was partial to the pirate look myself. :clap2:

Not only are you an awesome cook,. but I loved the sense of humor with the fish eyez! I was partial to the pirate look myself. :clap2:

Thanks! The patch was my favorite look too! :becky:

Thank you friends...

Bahhh!!! Beginner's luck! there's no way you could do that good again! :becky:

Definitely a fan of the eye patch!! :thumb:

Looks like a great meal! Thanks for the pron Jeanie!

Looks REAL nice Jeanie! I think your "disguises" just draws more attention to the head... lol :wink:

miss jeanie .... your food looks wonderful! How do you manage to put so much fun and talent into your cooking? You really have a special talent. Thanks so much for sharing it with us again.
BTW, I loved the 'eye' game you played. But I think I might have tried an pimento filled olive for that popeyed look!

Like that fish, i always keep an eye out for posts by cowgirl.

Great lookin' grub!

Thank you Ryan, Razrbak, Blue and Jeff!! :-D

miss jeanie .... your food looks wonderful! How do you manage to put so much fun and talent into your cooking? You really have a special talent. Thanks so much for sharing it with us again.
BTW, I loved the 'eye' game you played. But I think I might have tried an pimento filled olive for that popeyed look!

Thank you!!! How have you been? It's good to see ya. :-D I will try the olive next time. :becky:

Like that fish, i always keep an eye out for posts by cowgirl.

Great lookin' grub!
Thank you too Frognot, you are so kind...

Looks REAL nice Jeanie! I think your "disguises" just draws more attention to the head... lol :wink:

lol Phrasty, I think you are right, probably should have just served it as it was. :becky: Thanks!

I've never had red snapper but would love to try it, especially on the grill. It looks great...and I loved your several attempts at making the missing eye look better! I got a great laugh out of that! :becky:

Back