Why is the sauce applied in lines?

What sanctioning body is this for?

Why is the sauce applied in lines?

The sauce in lines doesn't do it for me either. Actually, it looks a
little like..... Nevermind. I am reminded of one time in an anscillary
chili category where someone submitted a FANTASTIC tasting black
bean chili, and one of the judges wouldnt touch it and gave it a zero,
thereby knocking it completely out of the running. She said it looked
like "deer poop" so she wouldnt touch it.

...judges...........

FYI: had a friend just look at the picture, and to her it looked like a pastry, and we
therefore appetizing.

Me, not at all.

Sorry but it wouldn't fly....no pun intended. Marking of sauce and it doesn't look comp. level.

Thanks. This was for SCBA(South Carolina BBQ Assoc) and I agree on the sauce lines, but hey, it was my brother's turn-in. SCBA doesn't give break down scores like KCBS. We did pretty well with a 15.042, which was 4th out of 28, and 1st place scored a 15.303. Next weekend we are leaving the lines off the chicken.

and one of the judges wouldnt touch it and gave it a zero,
thereby knocking it completely out of the running. She said it looked
like "deer poop" so she wouldnt touch it.

...judges...........

That judge should be "sanctioned" :p
Ridiculous

Did that bottom left have a toothpick left in?
I agree to 86 the lines. Not a good look.

Actually the sauce is one that my brother and I are developing. It is very unique and great tasting. It is a Thanksgiving theme, based on pumpkin, cranberry, nutmeg...all the typically Thanksgiving flavors. The sauce recieved 4- 8's, a 7 and a 9 in Greenwood at a KCBS event. Hope to bring this sauce to the Three Rivers Sauce family next summer.

The pieces look uniform...color looks pretty good...you filled the box well...I would do a complete glaze...no drizzle...my 2 cents...:becky:

is that a take home box from PF changs? .... they short change you on the rice?

Actually the sauce is one that my brother and I are developing. It is very unique and great tasting. It is a Thanksgiving theme, based on pumpkin, cranberry, nutmeg...all the typically Thanksgiving flavors. The sauce recieved 4- 8's, a 7 and a 9 in Greenwood at a KCBS event. Hope to bring this sauce to the Three Rivers Sauce family next summer.

interesting about 30yrs ago Ocean Spray made a really good BBQ sauce--know that I really liked it but don't remember how it tasted---bought the last case they had iirc---now pumpkin really makes it unique---guess have tasted a couple good pumpkin beers--will look around on our next trip to SC

Back