What to make????

D

dsmith27

I found a place just down the round that sells 55 gallon barrels for $15 so im going to make me a smoker next week. I just cant decide if i should go with the UDS, the offset style or the double barrel style. I like the way the double barrel style looks etc. Was wondering if anyone had any instructions and material list for making any of these. Any helpful advice is appreciated. Im new to this, never made my own smoker before but i cant wait to start. Thanks!!

haha i was joking with my wife earlier and i said with those barrels being so close and affordable i may just have to make one of each. But im thinking for the first project im wanting to build the double barrel if i can find all the parts reasonable etc..just trying to figure out a way to do it without ordering parts through Volgelzang, nothing against them at all(just seems a lil pricey)

Do them all Yes!
but start with the easiest!
UDS is so simple - just KISS!

I starting to build my first smoker too and it will definitely be a UDS. Since I also have 2 drums I will probably build 2 of them while I'm at it.

The answer to your question, and to all questions in the universe is....

Build a UDS.

1) Build a UDS
2) Smoke some meat on it so you have something to eat while you dream up all kinds of fancy smoker plans.
3) Throw out all of the fancy plans, and continue to enjoy your UDS.

My buddy built a double barrel first and found out how much of a fuel hog it is,then we built him a UDS and I don't think he's used the double barrel since.

well a UDS it is. Got it out in the back yard buring the inside now. Holes are drilled for everything so tomorrow a lil cleaning up and paint and attach everything and she'll be ready to go soon:-D

Back