MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-22-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
4TheLoveofBrisket
Full Fledged Farker

Default Brisket Prices @ Sams/Costco

My lord! Went to both Sams and Costco to scope out their briskets as a potential new source for them in my area, and I think my jaw is still at the last store I was at. Jeez LOUISE, $2.96 a lb for a flat cut brisket?? Neither store carries a whole packer, which is what I'm into doing. Definately not buying a membership at either. Their ribs and pork butt selection were about the only thing I'd use them for. I liked that they had both ribs and butt that weren't flavor enhanced, but their prices were about on par with the grocery store. Very disappointed. Oh well, I'll have to keep looking I guess....
4TheLoveofBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2009, 05:39 PM   #2
BBQ Grail
somebody shut me the fark up.

My Sam's has whole packers and last time I paid $1.89 a pound. Costco only has flats...

Soon to be a Texafornian.

For a limited time I will be issuing Moink Ball Certificates. I'm working on a special COVID 19 Verson.
Email me for details.
BBQ Grail is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2009, 05:47 PM   #3
Peculiar Smoker
Found some matches.

I'm right there with you, the Sam's near KC have em for about 1.9X/lb whole packer cut.
Peculiar Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
4TheLoveofBrisket
Full Fledged Farker

Must be a yankee thing then...
4TheLoveofBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2009, 06:01 PM   #5
Bbq Bubba

Sams and Costco both have em......gotta ask.
#detroitporkmafia
BBQ Person of the Year 2013
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2009, 06:03 PM   #6
BigAl
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4TheLoveofBrisket View Post
Must be a yankee thing then...
It is all about what sells in the stores. Sams/Walmart computer system is updated within 30 min of what is sold in each of their stores where the sale takes place. They re-stock what sells quick in that store.

There must not be many packer cut Brisket smokers where you live.

You can whip our Cream but you can't beat our SPAM.:clap:
[URL="http://www.AllenWilmer.com"]
[/URL]
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2009, 06:06 PM   #7
Grillman
is One Chatty Farker

Yes.....you may have to ask the butcher at the meat counter to
get exactly what you are looking for.
And at Sam's ....if you buy them by the case...they are usually several
cents/pound cheaper.
Costco may be the same way.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #8
HoDeDo
Babbling Farker

Definately ask.... I can get nice packers all day long, for $1.68/lb... and they are Choice or better "premium" angus... Thier flats (at least around here) are CAB flats.

thier Pork is usually .60-80 cents cheaper than the grocery store around here... Ribs and chicken are cheaper as well.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:17 PM   #9
Wornslick
is one Smokin' Farker

The wife checked Sams the other day for me and the briskets were 2.89 a pound. Kroger and County Market here in town are 4.19

Baby Stumps

Blue Weber, with a table

" The sunshine bores the daylights out of me "
Wornslick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2009, 06:51 PM   #10
sfbbqguy
is one Smokin' Farker

You guys are lucky...briskies are $4.99/lb at Safeway here and I think last I checked are $2.99/lb at our Costco for flats only both places. All meat out this way is real steep.
I asked at Costco for a whole packer last time I was there at got the "deer in headlights" look.
'08 Weber Genesis Gasser
SJG Tamale Pot Mini Smoker (SJG was a rescue)
and a Pyro FIL
sfbbqguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2009, 07:00 PM   #11
big brother smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbbqguy View Post
You guys are lucky...briskies are $4.99/lb at Safeway here and I think last I checked are $2.99/lb at our Costco for flats only both places. All meat out this way is real steep.
I asked at Costco for a whole packer last time I was there at got the "deer in headlights" look.

Based on where you live, the butcher may have thought you were asking for something else, lol!