A fun, non sanctioned event in VA

B

Bill The Grill Guy

My folks own a campground in Central VA. www.smallcountry.com We are holding a fund raiser for a youth christmas fund on July 18, 19 and 20. We held one there last year and had 9 teams show up. It was a lot of fun and we raised a chunk of change for the childrens fund. If anyone is interested in joining us, please email me at billthegrillguy@msn.com and I will give you more details. My goal is to have this a KCBS sanctioned event some day.

Brauma and I and talking about it. I really like the looks of your campground. We will hold that friday open next year on the vacation request that has to be submitted in Jan.

Sounds like a fun event and a worthy cause. I'm definitely interested.

If Bill is up for it, I think this would be perfect for a Bash. What do yall think? More importantly, what does Bill the property owner think?

Man...that is only 32 miles from my Uncles farm in Culpeper! Cant wait till I move back there!

PM sent to Bill. Does anyone have his email address?

I would be up for a comp/Bash at Bill's family campground if its OK with Bill.

HINT:

look in his initial post..... :eek:

billthegrillguy@msn.com

Sorry, I had to do it.... Knowing Bill, he will agree to it. He is a great guy to know.... he even tried to steal my sauce at Norfolk last year.... and then his beat mine.... :eek: Maybe I should have given it to him....:twisted:

Bill

Hey all, sorry for the long hiatous. The campground is a perfect spot for a Bash. I would love to have ANYONE come in for the July 18, 19 date. I would like to have it as a competiton like we did last year. Let me know via email if your interested.

billthegrillguy@msn.com

Thanks for offering your place Bill. I think its a great central location.

I'm in. BeerGuy & I have talked about participating in the comp.

Who all is interested? Lets get a good crowd worked up for this Bash.

Mark

Im in and will be cooking "something". Did 2 chickens a pork loin and a huge butt today, just cause the weather was nice. It may not be fit for competition, but it sure tastes good. Im looking forward to the event.

If you folks are interested in a competiton here is the thought.

Friday night anything butt/goes. We will let the campground owners and thier guests judge this for some door prize gifts. (Break it out and fire it up)

Saturday we will do butts and ribs and let the campers judge this event. I will talk to my folks about suppling the meat for this. We will be feeding the campers thier evening meal.

What do you think?

Sounds like a great start. I will be sneaking the organizer a homebrew at every chance I get!

Hold on, now wait!! We cant be getting the organizer drunk... Can we? Oh what the hell. We'll get him sloshed!

Okay folks, the date is set. July 18, 19, 20 in Louisa VA. This will be a non sanctioned get together/BASH/contest. All proceeds will benifit the local Fire Department.

The campground is equiped with water and electric at each of the sites so you can camp there or bring your camper and set it up close by.

Friday night will be the "Anything Butt" contest with the campground owners and some of the Officers from the Fire Department being the judges. Anything goes here guys. Break out your "A" game and impress the judges on site.

We will be doing Butts and Ribs on Saturday for the campers to judge around 4pm. I think that my folks will be suppling most of the meat like they did last year.

Peoples Choice will be the method of judging. Each camper will be given 2 tickets. One for Ribs and one for Butts. When they find the one they like the most, they put thier ticket in that teams jar. The one with the most tickets wins. (Dont worry guys, I am not competing this year.)

I did post this idea over on another forum and there are several interested in attending. The post on the other forum is: http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12441

Looks like a few new faces are going to make the treck. For reservations, contact: (www.smallcountry.com) or call 540/967-2431 and tell them you are with the BBQ teams.

I was there at last years event and plan on being at this years as well. It's a great time and a great place to have it. There's big lake too with big fish! :biggrin:

Okay guys, I am a bit confused here.

If Bill is up for it, I think this would be perfect for a Bash. What do yall think? More importantly, what does Bill the property owner think?

Im in and will be cooking "something". Did 2 chickens a pork loin and a huge butt today, just cause the weather was nice. It may not be fit for competition, but it sure tastes good. Im looking forward to the event.

Thanks for offering your place Bill. I think its a great central location.

I'm in. BeerGuy & I have talked about participating in the comp.

Who all is interested? Lets get a good crowd worked up for this Bash.

Mark

So is there interest in turning this into a BBQ Brethern Bash or what? Come on guys, its not too early to plan ahead. Who would like to attend?

There may be a little confusion here. Maybe its just too far off for people to be into it yet. I don't know.

There was a thread talking up a Mid-Atlantic Bash. Then we revived this thread. Maybe that caused some confusion. Maybe there is little interest. I hope not.

Do yall think we should start a new thread about a July Mid-Atlantic Bash?

Back