MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:16 PM   #46
billm
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Head

gotta say though the worst thing I saw was a judge filling up a ziploc with bbq from the volunteers table..when he was politely told to stop he did but he didnt put back what he took either..now I know why judges tend to get dumped on in regards to taking home food..i dont judge often but if this is the norm vs the exception im glad I cook more
billm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2007, 06:23 PM   #47
Bud's BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Sounds like there were some turn ins that really sucked. I gotta believe there was also some pretty good groceries in some of those boxes.

Was great to meet some new brethern: Ron L, Jeff (drivemaster) and the ever charming Ramona (aka, Kathy), MichianaMark and many others that my frazzled brain can't recall.

I only wish that I could have had some of Tonto's third place pumpkin creme brulee dessert!!

Geer Pit by Jambo
FEC-100
CBJ
WEBER GENISES GAS GRILL
Bud's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2007, 07:15 PM   #48
Coz
is One Chatty Farker

Well it sounds like it was a good outing for most.Sorry I missed it.Lambs farm was aplace we visited several times a year when I was young.They used to have awesome bakery.
Stumps Clone " CHRISTINE " ONE Evil Biotch and another in process

BRINGIN' THE HEAT BBQ Team
just Cloning around
Coz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2007, 07:16 PM   #49
smoke-n-my-i's
is One Chatty Farker

Congrats to all....

Divemaster, do you think that there is a way that you could talk Bud and Tonto in to coming down to Lumberton Nov 9-10 and giving me some lessons? ? ? ? ?

I need some help.....

Bill
2 UGLY drum smokers
Weber 22 1/2" & 18 1/2" Kettle
Super fast RED Thermapen
Screaming fast ORANGE Thermapen
KCBS Certified Table Captain
KCBS Certified Judge
smoke-n-my-i's is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2007, 10:42 PM   #50
slat
is Blowin Smoke!

Congrats to everyone that walked.

Proud member of the MOFO chapter.

Bandera
Turkey Fryer
Rusting and corroding Gas Grill
slat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2007, 07:02 AM   #51
tonto1117
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks all. It was our last comp for our first year and it was great to get a few calls and meet some wonderfull folks!!!!.Congrat's to all that walked!!! But I have to say, we brought home our best prize yet. As some of you know we lost our beloved Standard Poodle Wylie back in July...very unexpected, agrresive mouth cancer. Welllll...Lambs farm complex has a pet shop on it's premises. So without further adiu....here's Maggie.

By tonto1117, shot with KODAK CX6330 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2007-10-22

Geer Pit by Jambo
FEC-100
WSM
WEBER GENISES GAS GRILL

CBJ

Bacon & eggs - Hens are involved but pigs are commited.
tonto1117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2007, 08:43 AM   #52
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonto1117 View Post
But I have to say, we brought home our best prize yet. As some of you know we lost our beloved Standard Poodle Wylie back in July...very unexpected, agrresive mouth cancer. Welllll...Lambs farm complex has a pet shop on it's premises. So without further adiu....here's Maggie.
Congrats on the new member of the team!!! I think I can speak for both me and my team mate that you picked a far better name than we came up with… Ramona didn’t fit, and sorry Walt, but Buckeye didn’t either…
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2007, 09:51 AM   #53
smoke-n-my-i's
is One Chatty Farker

Maggie, you cutie you.... see if you can keep momma out of trouble....

I know it will be hard, but at least try....

Nice find Tonto... I am sure she will be a nice addition to the team. She will let you know if the samples are ok or not..... listen to her and she will do you well.

Bill
2 UGLY drum smokers
Weber 22 1/2" & 18 1/2" Kettle
Super fast RED Thermapen
Screaming fast ORANGE Thermapen
KCBS Certified Table Captain
KCBS Certified Judge
smoke-n-my-i's is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2007, 11:05 AM   #54
Bbq Bubba
somebody shut me the fark up.

Sittin down to some leftover pulled pork for lunch, thought i'd throw in my 2 cent's........
Congrat's to Ford for another great showing, and thank's for sharing the single barrel Jack, nice warm up on a chilly nite!!
Kudo's to MichianaMark......10th place with that kind of competition is amazing!! Hope you decide to do this more often, you and your son have what it take's!!
It was great meeting Ron L and Divemaster, come to find out me and Jeff have a lot in common in cooking Bbq and Nascar!!
Considering the high winds and rain, turned out to be a great weekend of cooking and bonding with new friend's!! The pot luck dinner Sat. nite was awesome and the breakfast shot's weren't to bad either.
Look forward to going to this one next year as our warm-up to the Jack!!
#detroitporkmafia
BBQ Person of the Year 2013
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2007, 10:30 AM   #55
michiana mark
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba View Post
Sittin down to some leftover pulled pork for lunch, thought i'd throw in my 2 cent's........
Congrat's to Ford for another great showing, and thank's for sharing the single barrel Jack, nice warm up on a chilly nite!!
Kudo's to MichianaMark......10th place with that kind of competition is amazing!! Hope you decide to do this more often, you and your son have what it take's!!
It was great meeting Ron L and Divemaster, come to find out me and Jeff have a lot in common in cooking Bbq and Nascar!!
Considering the high winds and rain, turned out to be a great weekend of cooking and bonding with new friend's!! The pot luck dinner Sat. nite was awesome and the breakfast shot's weren't to bad either.
Look forward to going to this one next year as our warm-up to the Jack!!

Thanks for the Kudos and the cold beer. You guys did great also, 12th ain't bad neither.

My son and I are looking forward to more comps in the future. He's trying to talk me into Ft. Lauderdale in Dec. For the life of me I can't figure out why an 19 yr old would want to be on a sunny beach in Fl in Dec. instead of at home in MI. I told him I'd think about it.

Tonto, nice addition to the team. I can still remember the day my cocker died. He was a sry 12 1/2, killed on the road.

Weber Silver 22.5X2, UDSx2
KCBS-CBJ #16571, Member GLBBQA
Roadmaster BBQ comp team
Proud member of the Blue Thermapen Association
Certified MOINKballer Class of 2008
michiana mark is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2007, 12:16 PM   #56
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Maggie is a cutie, Tonto! Congrats! I like the tractor toy!

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote