What's Cookin This Weekend (5/18-5/20)?

tjus77

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Just about to put on a pork butt for tomorrow. Defrosting some brisket that I cooked last time also. Modified my bar bq beans receipe for weight watchers. I miss my smoker so much!:lol:

What happened to your smoker??

Unfortunately I won't be smoking this weekend, we are taking the kids camping but I will be cooking over an open fire :cool:

Next weekend I will be smoking for 35 people, still trying to decide what's on the menu....

Attachments

• 5-4-2007-13.jpg
    5-4-2007-13.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 176
Oh MAN those are some cute babies you got there, Papa!!!
Cooking over an open fire qualifies, I believe. ;)

Me, I'm going to bust my personal envelope this weekend. Mama gave me the "same old stuff" penalty last weekend so I'm going to do my first beef roast(s) and some elk I've had.

Beer can chicken tonight. Not sure about the rest of the weekend yet. Mostly getting prepared for next weekend.

Thanks Arlin & the best thing is they both LOVE "Q", watching the 4 year old chew on a rib bone or eating a pulled pork sandwich warms my heart :cool:

Cute kids, Papa. What's in the sippie cup? :wink:

Having a few friends over tomorrow, doing 2 racks of BBs, a couple fatties, some ABTs and a 7# butt. Gonna see how it all fits on the smoker. :-D

Oh, and beer. Lots of beer. :biggrin:

Reheating the brisket I cooked two weeks ago. I've still got a freezer full from my last cook, so it will be a while before I crank up the heat again. Unless the baby back ribs go on sale locally. :-D

Yep, cuties for sure Papa Hogg.:wink:

Another practice cook this weekend...2 briskets, pork butt 12 thighs and a few racks o ribs.

We have BB rib's in the fridge defrosting, had an 8lb butt ground up that will make about 6 Fatties and want to try some Pig Candy also. Papa Hogg hope everybody has a good time on the camping trip.

Them is cute munchkins!

Gonna do a flat of Chix thighs and drummies to work out a comp recipe. Thought we might as well throw on a butt as well.

And if you're gonna have a pit going it's just a shame not to smoke a fatty, so we'll do a couple those as well. On sale this week, bonus!

Smokin' some Center Cut Beef Back Ribs today.

Judging the Minnesota in May contest tomorrow!!!!!!
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!
Smoke On!!!!!!

Nice looking girls there Papa. Keep 'em away from my boys!
I have never been so wrecked while Qing that I needed to drink out of a sippy cup, but it's really not a bad idea! It would help prevent alcohol abuse.
I'll probably just grill some steaks for me and the wife on my $40 Weber One Touch Gold that I just picked up yesterday. Did I mention that?:mrgreen:

Kick the tires and light the Fires!

About 4400 lbs. of brisket, 2000 lbs. of chicken and a whole mess of hot dogs and hamburgers! U-rah!

Catfish Comp tomorrow. First time to compete in something besides BBQ. Two entries: Catfish with Gumbo Sauce and Fried. I also need to try out a longer burn on the new UDS. Not sure what yet.

Gonna do Gyros, using Alton Browns recipe. they are fantastic and somewhat easy. even my 16mos old likes the meat

Got my new stainless steel grates for the Egg on Thursday. Here is the first cook on them.

A green pepper/basil wet rub on a bone-in loin. Two fatties and a big a$$ abt.

dsc02397aL.jpg

Back