• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

weber kettle exhaust mod?

chriscw81

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I've been looking around on here and haven't found anything yet. does anyone out there have a mod they do for their kettle so then can adjust the exhaust with out burning the hand. obviously i can use a utensil or a glove but where's the fun in that? :biggrin1:

i wish my 22.5 OTG had the little piece on the exhaust like the performer so you wont burn yourself when touching it.

like this:
weber-performer-grill.jpg

is there maybe something you can buy that will fit over it?

any ideas, brethren?

Drill a hole in the tab, install a small porcelain knob from the hardware store. I've seen some grills with just a bolt.

I suppose you could drill a hole through the upturned metal of the upper exhaust and put a metal rod through it with a wooden handle. I know people do a similar mod for the smokey joe mini-wsm mod bottom exhaust (I didn't for mine).

i wish my 22.5 OTG had the little piece on the exhaust like the performer so you wont burn yourself when touching it.

Last time I bought some replacement parts from weber customer service (during free shipping days) I told them that I wanted 2 of the plastic exhaust tabs for my kettle. They gave them to me for free. I have them on all of my weber lids.

Last time I bought some replacement parts from weber customer service (during free shipping days) I told them that I wanted 2 of the plastic exhaust tabs for my kettle. They gave them to me for free. I have them on all of my weber lids.

Hmmm I may just try to call them. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

+1 ~ give Weber a call.

I'll tell you this much. I ordered The new mini chimney, and asked if they had free shipping. she said she'd wave shipping for me. Before I got off the phone, I asked about the ash catcher tabs for an OTS, she just threw them in for free.

I know some folks here have bad luck with Weber customer service, but I'm not one of them. Give them a call, worst thing they can do is say, "No".

Matt

Update:

I called Weber because of another issue here:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2343598

I asked if I could purchase one the little tabs that come on the performer exhaust and the lady said no. I have to have a performer of my own, which I don't. I found this really shocking. It doesn't make me mad but it's sure surprising to me.

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Weber will only sell you parts for grills that you own and have registered.

Last edited:
Back