cooking for 110

gmc cooker

Reaction score
i will be serving pulled pork sandwiches and fried chicken with sides of beans, potato salad, and slaw. any suggestions on the amount of pork i need to cook, and fried chicken i need to buy?

this is for my sons Eagle Scout Court of Honor. about 110 people.
i have never cooked for this many people...

thanks guys!

craig

Craig,
Bless you for cooking for the scouts.

I have no idea what to suggest for quantities because I bet the kiddos will be all over the fried chicken and not so much the pork.
Hopefully someone will have a better take on the cook.

Thanks for doing this for the kiddos.

TIM

Go to the Catering, Vending and Cooking for the Masses section. There is a sticky with a couple spread sheets that do the calculations. How many adults and children? That will go along way in making sure you have enough. If there is a lot of teenage boys, plan on doing some extra.

Craig
Although i cannot answer your question I wanted to say GRATS to your son and family. I have 2 sons who have achieved the rank of eagle scout and it is no small accomplishment, it requires alot of effort from the scout as well as alot of support from the family! Again Grats!

Remember a 4 ounce serving for pork, and at Least 2 pieces of fried chicken per person. That would be about 27.5 pounds of cooked pork, providing everyone gets a pork serving. As for chicken 220 pieces. If you can gauge the people attending, adults vs children vs teens, you can guess who would eat ow much. If you are serving verses buffet style will help regulate portion control also.

Congratulations to your son on his Eagle Badge. That is a BIG accomplishment. My son is also an Eagle Scout. He had his Court of Honor 1996. I think the boys will like the pulled pork, especially when they get their first taste. Others will have a better idea of the amounts, as I haven't cooked for that many.
Curly

BIG TIME GRATZ to your son on his Eagle. To many now days frown on the Scouts and that it stands for. I consider it a great organization and great character/skills developer for sons becoming men. HUGE KUDOS!

No expert here; just did a 75 (66 showed up) person feed for my church for a mix of Adults and teenage men/boys. We smoked 14lbs of Pork and 16lbs of brisket and had 45 brauts. I say that was barely enough as we served Buffet style. Teenagers kills food - FAST!

Lessons learned - dish them up and don't do buffet style; and definitely more meat.

Divide the number in half, 110 people = 55# raw pork, which will make 110 good size sandwiches. 1/2# uncooked yields around 1/3# cooked. You'll probably have some leftovers with this, but I've used this formula several times for large cooks and it hasn't let me down yet.

sorry for the delay guys been busy getting things together for the Court of Honor this weekend... thanks for all the kind words guys we are very proud parents!

looks like we are going to have about 125 now. 4 9lb shoulders yielded 16lbs of finished pork, so i am going to cook 5-6 more shoulders, and serve with 150 pieces of fried chicken + beans and potato salad.

Back