• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Announcment 6th Annual Battle of The BBQ-Brethren - Smokin' at The Maples August 4-5 Manorville NY

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
KCBS Sanctioned, and part of the Empire State BBQ championship. We will submit for NEBS also and the Proclamation has been submitted. Last year we had 43 teams with $10,700 in Prize Money and hope to exceed that this year. The site is being expanded for more teams. I just spoke to The Maples owner tonight and he is already starting the planning.

Website will be up shortly and more details as things start to pan out.

AND in case someone asks.... ITS OFFICIAL ! An official source hand delivered the proclamation yesterday. :mrgreen:

2012-proclamation.jpg

^^^^^^^^
Wifey says go to Pocono, I go to Pocono. The other comps I tell her I'm going.
I'll do Farmingdale. (as myself)

I was thinking that we could have a fun appetizer contest for the teams and by the teams.

Everyone throws in five bucks and we make whatever apps we want.

The people that judge the food are the volunteers that come around on the golf carts with ice or garbage pick-up or whatever else. They get a score sheet that gets tallied up at the end of the weekend. You can give them the food whenever you want, so timing isn't a concern.

The volunteers get to eat well, we have some fun and it doesn't create any more work for the organizer. Winner gets the $.

Thoughts?

Eric

I was thinking that we could have a fun appetizer contest for the teams and by the teams.

Everyone throws in five bucks and we make whatever apps we want.

The people that judge the food are the volunteers that come around on the golf carts with ice or garbage pick-up or whatever else. They get a score sheet that gets tallied up at the end of the weekend. You can give them the food whenever you want, so timing isn't a concern.

The volunteers get to eat well, we have some fun and it doesn't create any more work for the organizer. Winner gets the $.

Thoughts?

Eric

I'm going to submit a melody, taking a little from each entry in the grilling comp and put them on ritz crackers. How can I go wrong , as per Andy Griffith, everything tastes better on a Ritz. Better yet, I'll top each with a swirl of cheese whiz (pronounce that H like stewie) and a pimento stuffed olive. You guys don't stand a chance.

Hi,

The Grill Scouts will be collecting food again for Island Harvest. If you are able to donate something, that would be great. The judges will be asked to bring canned food.

Whatever you can do would be appreciated. The food collected at WilliePallooza went to an adjunct of Island Harvest in Wyandanch and the outreach coordinator was effusive in his thanks.

Thanks!

Eric

Back