Congratulations "Movin' The Chains"...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I just found out via the grapevine that one of our very own "Jesse Henry"..."Movin' The Chains" has won Grand Champion at the Alaska State BBQ Competition today! This win is an automatic to the Jack! Freakin' awesome brother! :thumb:

you are correct

I was set up next to him and you are correct, some one from the lower 48 came up here and kicked our @&$#8!

Both he and his wife where very nice. They did it on borrowed smokers and looked like chit! After cleaning them out (several hours) he was ready to go.

He scored 4th in chicken, 10th in ribs, 1st in Butt and 2nd in Brisket with an overall score of 542. Next was 516.

Have a scoring issue that is being worked out, but will not change the 1st place team.

In the chicken category we had 5 teams from 128 to 120, then the next 7 or 8 team scores where 50 to 60. not sure what happened, but the scores shouldn't be this low. I was one of these teams and like everyone else thought my chicken was the best of the 4 turn-in's but only got 10th. guess they didn't like the lollipop legs!

Anyways, congrat to "Movin the Chains" very nice people.

troy

Congrats on the GC Movin Chains. I love hearing about the smaller BBQ states sending teams to the Jack.

How many teams did this event get??

I was set up next to him and you are correct, some one from the lower 48 came up here and kicked our @&$#8!

Both he and his wife where very nice. They did it on borrowed smokers and looked like chit! After cleaning them out (several hours) he was ready to go.

He scored 4th in chicken, 10th in ribs, 1st in Butt and 2nd in Brisket with an overall score of 542. Next was 516.

Have a scoring issue that is being worked out, but will not change the 1st place team.

In the chicken category we had 5 teams from 128 to 120, then the next 7 or 8 team scores where 50 to 60. not sure what happened, but the scores shouldn't be this low. I was one of these teams and like everyone else thought my chicken was the best of the 4 turn-in's but only got 10th. guess they didn't like the lollipop legs!

troy

I had heard there was a scoring issue with the Chicken turn ins, glad to hear it all got worked out.

Congrats Jesse! bigdogphin

Congratulations Jesse!! You want me to have your trailer ready so you can pick it up on your way to the Jack:thumb:

After manual recount, congratulations to Squeal on You - Grand Champion and 3 dogs BBQ - Reserve Champions.

Are you freakin' kidding me???!!! I am so sorry brother...man...what an emotional roller coaster. Wow!

After manual recount, congratulations to Squeal on You - Grand Champion and 3 dogs BBQ - Reserve Champions.
Wow, that sucks. Sorry for your bad fortune and emotional let down. :doh:

troy

Troy,

It was nice to meat you and cook next to you. You have a great operation going and that Kobe brisket was awesome. Don't quote me but after another recount I think your the Reserve Champion! Congrats.

Troy,

It was nice to meat you and cook next to you. You have a great operation going and that Kobe brisket was awesome. Don't quote me but after another recount I think your the Reserve Champion! Congrats.

I'm sure there might be more score changes so we will wait and see. Talked with your brother and I can get him the GMG pig trailer. Only one left

Take care

Troy

overall scores on the Alaska BBQ Championship

Here are the scores. What a mess, but it happens (hopefully only once!)

troy

Attachments

• 2011 State Championship Sorted.xls
    483 KB · Views: 9
Back