Fattie How to reheat and price

$billBBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hey all

I have a catering gig next week and they now want to add a couple of fatties to the order. I have cooked these a bunch for myself but I have 2 questions

A) I need to reheat for this job in a oven, will this come out ok or is there a better way to reheat?

B) cost what would you guys price them I'm going to a sausage roll, with cheese and onions in the inside and the bacon on the outside?

Thanks -

Price would be cost X 3. How many fatties are you cooking? I would think that cooking them the same day and then holding them for service would be your best bet. It would take as long to cook them as it would to reheat them almost.

Pyle's
Thanks for the reply, They want it for a Monday Lunch and I work another full time job so I can't get it to them hot and fresh. The Pulled pork I'm giving to them in food saver bag to reheat but Do'nt think a fattie would reheat well that way. I told them I do not think it would reheat well but they still want it so I'm guessing 350 in in the till hot 160 ish.

I would put them in a pan covered in foil until 150 and then remove foil for the last 10 degrees. That way they won't dry out and the bacon has a chance to get crisp again.

I think Bryan is correct.

Tough deal, not sure how they will reheat, especially the bacon.

Thanks guys, I tried to talk the customer out of it since I do not think it will reheat it well at all but they still want it... I did see the guys at bacon explosion sell them online for 35 bucks and have people reheat them so but it can;t be as good as fresh of the smoker.

I've done both. Reheated and held the fatties. I reheated in a sham at the restaurant i work at. I reheated them wrapped in foil and then took it off in order to crips up the bacon. The other option I explored was to smoke the fatty and then unwrap the bacon and rewrap it with new bacon to put in the oven. Not the same quite but it worked ok.

THanks for all the help - I cooked them this weekend and delivered them yesterday. They reheating great in oven - about 30 mins at 350 then I cranked up the heat to 450 ish for 5 min just to crisp them up.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 104
I charged $25 - it cost me about 8 bucks to make and used the 3x to set the price.

Back