MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:14 PM   #16
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo-Dave View Post
A serious question for a serious video. I did not notice any gauges or digital devices being use, so did you have any idea what the temp was running inside the drum....Would you hazard a guess at the temp?

Yes... I bet it was 300. My weep and ribs are done close to the time they got done in the PBC... a little sooner. Maybe 30 minutes to 45... so I'd say 300. That being said the pit was adjusted CLOSE to what they recommend but not all the way. 1/4 open actually is the flap hanging down.

And were you ok with that, even though they came out looking very good, in less time then expected?

Oh hell yeah... what the hell ever... it was no problem. They could have used maybe a nice little 200 degree kiss for an hour or so in the beginning

One other question it seemed you had the lid off for a long time once in awhile and I wonder if it ever started flaring up?
Dave

No, not really... but I did not have the lid off for too long though. I could see chicken being a prob if you don't act quick though.

The dad gum wood I threw on at the beginning of the smoke..... u may be able to see it.... I was not even discolored.

Edict.
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 03-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #17
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudsmoker View Post
Looks good. But, your UDS is beautiful.

So, if you had to choose .................... ?

My dad died in 1995.... he visited me last night... I think seriously because his friend Jimmy Maroul did.... anyway.... he and I looked at the UDS in my dream in the light with that copper paint on the uptakes gleaming and the brass ball valved that were polished then coated with 4 coats of clear coat so they shone like jewels.... and all that against the hammered steel paint on the UDS...

Dad said... **** son.... why did you have to paint it copper... it screams...."make polished copper uptakes" and clear coat them!"

I really think I meet him in my dreams as I dream about making stuff. :

Edict.
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-18-2013, 01:02 AM   #18
westy
is one Smokin' Farker

Great job on the video.Well presented with good information. Thanks for posting. Your kids are awesome. By rule of evolution, heredity and ancestry, they will......................BE FUNKIER THAN YOU!

Kingsford COS
Masterbuilt CES
WeberQ 220
Santa Maria 30x20
WGA
PBC
westy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2013, 06:01 AM   #19
jonboy
is One Chatty Farker

Pitmaster T,
My wife really enjoyed the video...seeing you teaching your kids to cook.
I like the paper holder cutter. Where are those available from? Looks like it really helps with keeping the kitchen clean. My wife would like that also.

A couple of questions,
Do you think adding a thermometer to the PBC would be a good thing? Or is this a cooker that teaches to cook by feel ?

Will you be adding hanging rods to your UDS?
jon
jonboy is offline   Reply With Quote