Q Shack For the Back/Side Yard?

willwillx

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So, i've been actively... ok obsessively looking for a new smoker to bring my game up. So while discussing this with the lady of the house, she reminded me, so where are you going to put this 800 pound thing? I was thinking lazily, well ill throw it on the back porch until i find somewhere better(i got the look), or just roll it in and out of the garage, and she looked at me.. because she knows i don't want to do that. I don't want it exposed to the elements of living on a lake, which if you live on a lake.. you know what it's like, BUGS BUGS AND MORE BUGS. Anyway, long story short.

You people with cookers at home, do you have a dedicated cooker shack? I was debating on buying a shed... not your generic shed, but maybe a shed with an overhang to help protect me from the rain etc.. Somewhere i could put my nicer things besides the garage. Like a 800 pound gravity smoker. She's showed me a lot of options on pinterest. I'm thinking more like putting it next to the garage since i have a sink in there.

What does your At home cook shack look like? Or do you just do yours on the porch/roll out of garage? As mentioned earlier, that's not something i wanna do, i want a dedicated space.

So any pics ? ideas? I'm not sure of space.. but here's a pic of the side of my house, in the black box is where a shed or some type of structure could go.. This was only location i was approved to put a shed on the property from the council of mothers..aka the lady of the house.

Attachments

• shed.jpg
    shed.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 331
Carports are inexpensive for the area they cover.

Many of the places that sell the aluminum carports sell aluminum sheds, other metal buildings - I like the carport style that has a shed on the back part.
PJTexas has a Nice metal garage bbq Hut.

Q Shack? :-D

I had a slab poured and put a carport style roof over a notch I had on the side of my house. It has a pretty hefty exhaust fan and lights in it. The sign was a gift from my wonderful bride. :-D

1YDrlguh.jpg

Last edited:
I needed a lot of room. 12x18 on a 12x31 slab.
4e35e88ac4e833e87966cf28a8071123.jpg
84c0a54a8127ede7f47087e42dbed695.jpg
64c676b6ac9da4a629d66052197037af.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I needed a lot of room. 12x18 on a 12x31 slab.
4e35e88ac4e833e87966cf28a8071123.jpg
84c0a54a8127ede7f47087e42dbed695.jpg
64c676b6ac9da4a629d66052197037af.jpg

I was looking at one of those tuff shed barns that has a porch on it, i hate cooking in the rain, and here in florida... It's nearly impossible to do a butt at 225 and it not rain within the 24 hour period.

Your setup looks kinda like what i was thinking, but with an overhang.

Q Shack? :-D

I had a slab poured and put a carport style roof over a notch I had on the side of my house. It has a pretty hefty exhaust fan and lights in it. The sign was a gift from my wonderful bride. :-D

1YDrlguh.jpg

Lookin good, not sure i wanna attach it to the house, looks good though. You built the roof yourself? I assume you didn't re-barb. Right now on the side of my house, is a small slab that leads up to the side garage door, which is big enough to move my riding lawn mower in and out of.So it's a big space, problem is to the left is all the cable/electric boxes, and to the right is the AC unit.So not much room to connect to the house there.

I was looking at one of those tuff shed barns that has a porch on it, i hate cooking in the rain, and here in florida... It's nearly impossible to do a butt at 225 and it not rain within the 24 hour period.

Your setup looks kinda like what i was thinking, but with an overhang.
I'll add one eventually or maybe put a roof over the uncovered slab. I had an issue with the city. They limit the building size by the size of the property. I can have as many buildings as i like as long as none of them go over the square footage that is right at 12x18. The original plan was 12x31 with a small lean to to keep my cookers dry in the rain. I roll them back into the garage and use a fan to blow smoke out of the garage if it starts to rain. The doors are 9' tall. Whatever i add i will not notify the city this time. :heh:

Back