Am I Crazy?

Just a little feedback on the ribs. Give them a light coating of sauce to make them shine. And, unless you know that you will be using a half pan for turn ins, you may want to get some 9x9 styrofoam containers, which are the standard for KCBS and most backyard comps and use them for practice.

I know they're expensive, but you almost have to have a Cambro/ Carlisle. The Carlisle from amazon are rather affordable. You can use coolers/ moving blankets to hold meat, but they just plane do not work as well as a cambro. I fought this for years, and truly our scores got better when we got a cambro. It's also nice to have ribs done by 11:15-11:30 and not have to worry about them getting cold. Pork is done at 10:30 brisket at 11. that way the only thing on the grill getting closet to turn-ins is chicken. much less hectic.

I know they're expensive, but you almost have to have a Cambro/ Carlisle. The Carlisle from amazon are rather affordable. You can use coolers/ moving blankets to hold meat, but they just plane do not work as well as a cambro. I fought this for years, and truly our scores got better when we got a cambro. It's also nice to have ribs done by 11:15-11:30 and not have to worry about them getting cold. Pork is done at 10:30 brisket at 11. that way the only thing on the grill getting closet to turn-ins is chicken. much less hectic.

+1 on this. I fought buying a cambro also but it made the last 2-3 hours before turn ins so much better

If you don't have money for a cambro, try using a welding blanket to wrap up the food and then towels before putting meat in a faux cambro setup. It made a big difference for us with welding blankets. The meat held temp better and we got calls too. Just what worked for us keeping the meat at a safe temp.

Amazon lists the Cambro and the Carlisle at about the same price - around the $190 mark. I didn't price pans. This is something I'll consider.

Back