Contest lighting

TJR89

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
What kind of lighting are you guys using to light your tent areas at contest? Was thinking some LED rope lights zip tied around the tent would work, but wondering if you guys had better ideas.

What kind of lighting are you guys using to light your tent areas at contest? Was thinking some LED rope lights zip tied around the tent would work, but wondering if you guys had better ideas.

They aren't as bright as you would think. I would just get a powerful battery powered lantern to hang from your tent plus the rope lights.

I have used rope lights and the clamp-on, and for working at night, clamp-ons are the best.

I use the same as Pig Farmer. 2 strings provide quite a bit of light, but I also wish I would've just gotten the led ones from the start mainly bc I've broken a few bulbs.

im all in on the led rope lights......they are plenty bright enough to work under and not so bright that you feel like you are in a doctors office. they are perfect for us. we actually dig the vibe and mood they create at camp.

only negative for me is that it does take a few minutes to string them up and take them down. but it';s not enough of an issue to cause me to want to change.

We use the LED rope lights for ambient lighting and add several LED spot lights for working areas. The LED Spotlights are rechargable.

I use a LED shop light that I got at Costco. Provides more than enough light for the few things that I do when its dark out under my canopy.

Back