Went to Sam's for the $14 - 20# Bag of Lump.... $82 Later I Checked Out.

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
My Sam's is now stocking the Best Of The West mesquite lump, so I popped in after work yesterday to get some to try out. It's $6 cheaper than the Lazarri 20# bags I can get.

Then I wandered toward the meat counter, grazing from the sample carts at the end of the aisles. First a pork loin jumped into my cart, then a package of beef fillets, then to round it out I found some skin-on steelhead fillets.

It dawned on me I really didn't save that $6 after all.

Hahaha....

I seen some of those steelhead fillets at mine to. Post some pics of yours when done to give me some incentive. :-D

Interesting...that very same "meat jumpin'" thing happens to me all too often...hmmmm....:twisted:

Hahaha....

I seen some of those steelhead fillets at mine to. Post some pics of yours when done to give me some incentive. :-D

I can post some now....I'm going to do them just like this..... I just love this stuff. In fact, I better go and put the dry rub on now, then I can rinse it tonight and smoke it tomorrow.

DSC09066a.jpg

DSC09087b.jpg

DSC07454a.jpg

DSC07443a.jpg

Just think about how generous you were. Had you not been there those poor pieces of meat might still be unclaimed.

it's virtually impossible me to go Sam's and spend under $100 bucks , even if all I needed was a big pack of paper towels. Ol' Sam Walton was a genius!

Wayne...these look amazing! :thumb: Is there a thread somewhere with the recipe/technique? It's Copper River Salmon season here and I'm Jonesin' for some smoked salmon...

Just found the recipe on your website...here...now...I gotta go shoppin'...

DSC07454a.jpg

Wayne...these look amazing! :thumb: Is there a thread somewhere with the recipe/technique? It's Copper River Salmon season here and I'm Jonesin' for some smoked salmon...

Just found the recipe on your website...here...now...I gotta go shoppin'...

I would kill for access to the variety of seafood you guys have. We see the Copper River salmon for 2 or 3 weeks. It seems to take the color from the cherry better than other species.

DSC02741a.jpg

You guys are so lucky. Mrs tx doesn't let me go to Sam's without my leash on.

Wayne you are killing me with those PICS. That fish looks amazing. I am pretty proud if I get out of Costco if I get out for under $250. I do not go that often because I hate the lines but when I do it is expensive

Meat jumping, I heard that can be a problem, especially at Sam's and Costco's apparently. Thirdeye does do a good steelie.

This thread is exactly why The Missus doesn't want me getting a membership at either place...

Wayne, I have seen over that past few years what you can do with about any fish, and it is awsome. Well, anything you cook for that matter. Here in Missouri, we don't get a lot of other fresh fish but we are lucky to be able to catch trout, bass, catfish, and crappie. They are all great, but salmon is my favorite. As usual, you will make it great. Oh, when stationed just north of Bellingham, WA when in the navy, we did catch some nice, and I think this is what they were called, Dolly Vardon trout, or something like that. Wow, they were delicious right out of the waters from Mt Baker.

DSC05891JPGa.jpg

Thanks for the kind words. I really like fish. I catch a fair amount of trout and like to de-bone them completly, then grill with either herbs or use a tartar sauce slather. I figure if those things are good added to cooked fish, they are good added to raw fish too.

DSC05907JPGa.jpg
\

I have no problem cooking them whole too.

DSC04474d.jpg

Wowh, someone's an eater at Wayne's house. Now that's enjoying the whole thing! Great pic.

Back