3 Blazen BBQ
4 Smoke N Ice
5 NDN BaR B Q
6 Three Crosses BBQ Team
7 Turnin-N-Burnin
8 Stu's Q BBQ
9 Smokedelics
10 Sigma Smokers

Congratulations to Sigma Smokers on 10 th place overall.
Merl

Nice job, Smigma Smokers? Any other Brethren on this list? Sorry if I don't recognize you.

Jeff, didn't you say out there that you hoped you'd get a call in pork this weekend because that was the only one that you hadn't gotten yet? Congrats! Great job!

It was great to see so many that we knew this weekend, both in person and electronically, at the Art of BBQ. We may not have made top ten in anything this time around, but we were quite proud of our 3rd in People's Choice nevertheless, as that was our first "money" call. And, God bless him or her, one of the CBJs sent me a comment card to go along with his 999 score on my brisket telling me that it was "perfect", and proceeding to fill the entire comment card with his observations. Even though the other judges at the table may not have completely agreed, it was still a great boost to know that someone thought that highly of it and went to the trouble of writing the note. :mrgreen: We had Bob Hastings (CBJ) "interning" with us this weekend for his Master judgeship requirement, and I could not have asked for a more outstanding "intern". Yes, I let him trim. Yes, I let him cook. Yes, he was extremely involved in the process. Why not? He's the R&D director for Chili Bowl Chili food company, and knows the meat business inside and out - they cook six to seven thousand pounds of brisket a week in their smokehouse, and I learned more from him about the anatomy of brisket and pork butt while trimming meats this weekend that I ever learned anywhere else. At least I can now find the dryer white meat in a pork butt BEFORE we cook it so that when we're injecting it we can hit that dryer area with more injection!

Congratulations to all who heard their name called, and thanks also to all who stopped by and said hello at the Hot Wire site. And if you were wondering, as several asked me, yes, Robert DID make the gravy that went with the biscuits and sliced fatties, and yes, it WAS real homemade gravy from scratch. I taught him well! :wink: And, Merl, it looks like we're cooking at Jenks - I hereby promise you in front of this company that I WILL make you cheesy grits for breakfast at Jenks!

Regards to all - Keri C, still smokin' on Tulsa Time

Yes Keri, I was looking for a call in pork, and was very happy to get it among that crowd.

Now, my goal is to move up in overall standings by placing well in more than one category per comp.

I thought the biscuits and gravy we good, but I like the grits better too...

Also, congrats on the Peoples Choice call, a walk is a walk, and the first one sure is fun. Your sponsor must have been delighted...

Congrats to Sigma, Keri and Jeff! Nice work!

Thanks, Jeff - I've gotten to walk a couple of times now, but this was the first time that I got to actually carry back a check! :biggrin:

Congrats to the teams who walked as well.

Keri, Robert, Thanks for taking the time to chat with my gang, it was a pleasure to shake your hands and actually see the faces behind the post. The food was awesome, the beer was tasty, and my little girl ( that tried to wipe out your fruit stash ) really enjoyed it.

Congrats on your PC you guys deserve it.

Steve is was nice to chat with you too...

Thanks again HWBBQ ! !

Scot

Back