• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

UDS Finished: Thank you

pmad

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
I just wanted to say thank you to all that helped with advice for my UDS.

It is now finished.
I tested it out last night (no food) and temps remained where I wanted them and I had pretty good control.

I sealed the ash door with high heat silicone and put in a ball valve.

Again, thank you all.
Great community here.
Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute as much as others have.

Well, here it is:
Finished.png

Looks like you sealed it up real good from what it was. How is the lid sealed? If it's still a little leaky a little stove gasket will fix it right up. Or put some more of that high heat silicone and cover with saran wrap and then gently close lid and makes a perfect formed gasket.

Excellent looking UDS you got there!
Time to get some food in there.
I hope to make one myself someday? We'll see?

Looks like you sealed it up real good from what it was. How is the lid sealed? If it's still a little leaky a little stove gasket will fix it right up. Or put some more of that high heat silicone and cover with saran wrap and then gently close lid and makes a perfect formed gasket.

Here is how the lid works.
There is a backer in there.
Seals pretty good, but I'm definitely going to do your silicone idea.

Seal.png

i have looked at a lot of these and some have a pipe on the air intake running up the side and some don't. any advantages or disadvantages of doing this.

i have looked at a lot of these and some have a pipe on the air intake running up the side and some don't. any advantages or disadvantages of doing this.

I'm very new at this, but I was told is that the advantage is that I don't have to bend over with my face next to the hot smoker when adjusting the air flow.

I'm very new at this, but I was told is that the advantage is that I don't have to bend over with my face next to the hot smoker when adjusting the air flow.
that is a good enough reason

Back