Definitely not covered by Weber's warranty

benniesdad

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
When I pulled the cover off my Baby Q today I discovered that it made a great nesting spot for some birds. My wife asked me what kind of birds they were and I told her they were homeless birds because I am about to pitch their nest in the pasture. Big mistake! My wife’s motherly instincts kicked in and she won’t allow me to touch their nest. Guess my Q grill is out of action for a while.

Note to self – next time pitch nest first and tell wife later. Arg! :mmph:

IMAG1258_zps0f825691.jpg

Hate to say it but based on my experience around the farm the disturbance has probably already scared off momma bird. Watch close to keep wife happy (if wife ain't happy then nobody is happy), but I'd be getting ready for the weekend.

That's an egg in there right? If you move the nest the eggs either won't hatch or they will and the babies will die. They should be gone soon. Frankly, it seems a little late, maybe something is wrong.

Probably perfect time to upgrade to a bigger and better Que!!!
John

There are many grill mods that do not work. The "Mention ideas to the wife first mod" is definitely one. However, maybe if you let the nest stay in the grill, yet open in plain view to other hawks and such makes for awesome nature moments.

I put a large tarp over my dogs kennel.......shade in the summer......rain protection in the winter. This year a house finch built a nest in one of the folds. As I would go into the kennel, momma would fly out as she yelled at me......sometimes twice a day. But she managed to hatch and raise two chicks (momma was also pissed when I used a mirror to check on the kids). Nothing but the nest now.....they flew the coup...

Brad

I've got a nest in the Christmas decorations. Looks like I get to leave them up for another month! :)

Looks like a house wren to me. Momma will raise and hatch those eggs if left slightly alone. They commonly live close to people.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but if you were using your grill the birds would have found a different place to nest. Now you'll just have to buy another grill!!!

I don't mean to sound harsh, but if you were using your grill the birds would have found a different place to nest. Now you'll just have to buy another grill!!!

Both mama bird and mama of the house are temporarily happy with our little arrangement. Mama bird is happily sitting on her nest and hopefully will give me my grill back pretty soon. As for me, well that is another story. Although my little Q grill is one of many grills I have, it is my go to grill for making quesadillas. Our daughter in law just came back from a visit to her home is California and brought back some great looking uncooked flour tortillas. Hopefully I will be celebrating mama bird's departure with some grilled quesadillas in the very near future.

Back