MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-16-2021, 01:03 AM   #31
RogerThat99
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickm62388 View Post
Thanks for all the input...it’s frustrating because I spent the extra money for the pro series cause of all the storage and drawers but they are now all empty cuz the spices and utensils I feel were causing them to come by, along with the griddle constantly being oiled. I guess I will try a bar of soap lmao sounds funky and weird. But anything so that my cooking surface don’t have fecese on it everytime I open it up. I could never fill the crevices surrounding griddle because their open around the entire thing, even with the lid down.
I did what post 11 said on my 36" blackstone. I cut 5/8 plywood, to fit tightly, to cover the griddle. I oiled the bottom with vegetable oil. And spray painted the top and edges, so I could clean it off easier if needed. Then screwed a handle in the center to pull it off.

The first time after using the wood, I had tracks on the wood and a couple of droppings (but at least they weren't on the cooking surface). I put a sticky trap on top of the wood. Never caught anything though. I scrubbed, cleaned and re-painted the wood.

After those two times, I have never seen any tracks, or droppings on the wood again. I think they realized there was nothing to eat there, regardless of what they smell. It worked great.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
RogerThat99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2021, 01:05 AM   #32
RogerThat99
Found some matches.

Here are a couple pics. 20210221_154840.jpg20210221_154901.jpg20210221_154924.jpg

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from:--->
Old 04-16-2021, 02:24 AM   #33
Titch
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Titch :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerThat99 View Post
Here are a couple pics. Attachment 192396Attachment 192397Attachment 192398

Roger, have you had any mould under this?

Old 04-16-2021, 06:21 AM   #34
Dweverett
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Bill

I had the same problem a few years ago and for whatever reason, they just stopped doing it and I haven’t had an issue for the last couple years. Same issue with my Rectec. Every time I opened it I’d find a mess from chipmunks. On that, I sealed off the openings and that kept them out. Similar to the blackstone though, for the last year I’ve become lazy and stopped blocking things up but have been fine - they appear to have moved on

Gifted to various children — Kamado Joe Classic, 36” Blackstone Griddle, Weber Genesis, Rectec 680
Dweverett is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2021, 04:41 PM   #35
Boatman
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : John

I've had dryer sheets in my RV which is stored most of the year. 5 years and never had a mouse or anything else. Works great.
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2021, 07:23 PM   #36
RogerThat99
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titch View Post
Roger, have you had any mould under this?
No, I haven't.

It has rained quite a few times since I put the wood on. I have the bottom side of the wood (that touches the cooking surface), oiled.

Mine had the closable lid, and I keep a cover on it in the winter.

Old 04-16-2021, 08:43 PM   #37
Gimmethecash
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Steven

My Camp Chef griddle sits on my open patio next to the back door, and the rodents leave it and my other cookers alone (knocks wood). The rats & squirrels love my racks of firewood though, as I keep them covered during our “winter”. I have a (totally) tubular squirrel trap that works great on rats, but unfortunately and not unexpectedly on squirrels too.

Covers will be off my wood racks for the summer soon and the rodents will have to find other places to hang out & eat & poop.
Camp Chef FTG600
Cookshack Amerique
2 x Sous Vide Supreme
Minipack MV31X
Gimmethecash is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-19-2021, 07:17 PM   #38
RogerThat99
Found some matches.

Is there a Blackstone cooking thread on this forum? If so, can someone post a link? I am new here, and access to many areas seems restricted using Tapatalk.

Thanks.

Old 04-20-2021, 07:19 AM   #39
RemoGaggi
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : RemoGaggi

Quote:
Is there a Blackstone cooking thread on this forum? If so, can someone post a link? I am new here, and access to many areas seems restricted using Tapatalk.

Thanks.

Roger, nice work on the cover! As for a blackstone thread on this forum, I'd just post your questions here and you'll get plenty of feedback.

Old 04-21-2021, 10:45 PM   #40
Titch
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Titch :-)

Quote:

Thanks.

Thanks for the idea on the plywood
went to our little camp aqnd opened the lid to the flatop and guess what
this thread made me look, normaly I just do a burn and dont worry

Last edited by Titch; 04-21-2021 at 10:50 PM..
Titch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-22-2021, 05:59 PM   #41
Smokie185
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:

Thanks.

Roger, there is a search function available at the bottom of the page but you may have to subscribe to use it. There are plenty of threads about the Blackstone.

Here is one.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...d.php?t=215789