• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

A twist on a fatty?

Glenn_S

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm trying my first fatties, with a twist.

I have a couple on right now, However, I am using sweet italian sausage and have one of the two stuffed with a link of chorizo.

We'll see how my first shot at these goes. I'll know in about 3 hours!

Glenn

Chorizo

It is a fully cooked, smoked chorizo.

It's a high quality brand that I have used before, so I'm expecting it to work well.

Glenn

I like to stuff the italian ones with onions, peppers and provolone or mozzarella.

Your approach sounds interesting.

Jeff

I'll be sure to get pics...

Got the camera sitting right here...LOL

Is it done yet? I'm hungry just thinking about it...:rolleyes:

They are resting now...Soon to be sliced...

DSC_0223.JPG

OMG! These are SOOO good!

I had to run my son out of the kitchen before it all went.

My camera didn't do the smoke ring justus, but it is there. I also was using a combo of the electric and charcoal and hickory, so it didn't get as much as I normally would like.

I didn't use any rub, but I may add some next time. The one with the chorizo is fantastic! I'm glad I have 3 more links...

DSC_0226.JPG

Lets see some pics. Not Red X, they give me heartburn. :biggrin:

Throwing my first fatty on tonight. Bob Evans regular (The Missus may be a Swede, but she knows sausage) stuffed with cheddar, onions, parmesian and a little mozzerella (sp?) for "grip". Firming up in the fridge right now, waiting for time to build the fire. Kingsford with Hickory (The Missus thought I'd like it) and some pecan for smoke.

I wish I would have read this first. Bacon in the stuffing would have been good, but I don't want to wrap it.

Back