MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:44 PM   #1
OutlawSwine
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Help - How much?

I have been asked to cook lunch for a Habitat for Humanity build. I know the owner of the company that is sponsoring the build and he will be providing (paying for) all of the ingredients. All I have to do is volunteer my time and cooker.
I am planning on having pulled pork, ribs, chicken, baked beans, potato salad and chips. So far there are 73 people signed up to be there (it is actually 2 houses being built beside each other).

How much food should I plan on making? Cooker space is not a problem as I have a few people donating their time and cookers also. Any leftovers are being donated to a local homeless shelter.
Any help in figured the quantity will be greatly appreciated. I need to provide an estimated ingredient list to him by Sunday.
OutlawSwine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
Ford
is Blowin Smoke!

1/2 to 3/4 pound raw weight pork will mean extra.
Ribs - st louis cut 3 bones per person is very generous
drumstick per person
beans 3 -#10 cans plus fixings will make about 2 full pans.
Potato salad - 4 oz serving per person
Chips - in bulk just take the serving size from the package
Old 01-22-2010, 02:00 PM   #3
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

What Ford said! He means raw pork per