MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:30 PM   #16
AKMIMNAK
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by locosmoke View Post
sounds like the 7 portions for seven people was a little over kill. lol
that being said sound like you are enjoying leftovers as much as I do! I have never counted but I'm sure that four or five times sounds good.
Yeah, when I fire up a long cook a like to make it worth our while :) Foodsaver bags and a Sous Vide device and you've got moist BBQ leftovers for months!

Old 06-25-2018, 08:31 PM   #17
AKMIMNAK
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendaryhog View Post
For reasons I cannot explain.... I did wings for ten straight days. Personal best.
😂😂😂 I love it.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:33 PM   #18
AKMIMNAK
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
I've been pulling my last five or six briskets so I have sandwiches for days. I'll eat it at work without bread and then have it for dinner on a sub roll with melted cheddar. 5-6 days but twice a day over that time.

I always cook way more food than necessary since it is usually only me and the girlfriend but I want to maximize every cook. I always have at least six days of leftovers; there is no room in the freezer so it all gets eaten. Kind of hard to not look forward to brisket or ribs even if it is Round 5.
I never even thought of pulling brisket. That's a great idea! Does it pull just like pork? Is the point or flat better for this, or the same?

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-25-2018, 08:40 PM   #19
TravelingJ
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamKY View Post
I can eat pulled pork for days. I will even eat it out of a bowl with some finishing sauce and cheap store bought slaw. No bun required.
I really thought this was going to turn into a Dr. Seuss style response, from the way it started.
TravelingJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 06-26-2018, 01:08 PM   #20
Myrdhyn
Full Fledged Farker

I dunno, I've never hit the limit. My wife gets sick of it long before I do, usually around day 4-5. Typically I do at least 3 days of it as-is and 1-2 days of it as some other dish...chili, shepherd's pie, etc...

"I make a "tamale pie" where I mix the meat with a home made enchilada sauce. Add black beans, corn, onions, garlic then top with corn bread batter and bake till corn bread is done."

I need this enchilada sauce recipe if it's one you can share...this sounds amazing.

Old 06-26-2018, 01:26 PM   #21
frognot
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Charles

Got plenty of freezer space since no longer hunting so am quick to vac pack leftovers.

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa

" . . . which includes frognot, who is a SoCal Pharker by now" gtr
frognot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2018, 01:36 PM   #22
BigKing
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKMIMNAK View Post
I never even thought of pulling brisket. That's a great idea! Does it pull just like pork? Is the point or flat better for this, or the same?

It's awesome. Was suggested in a thread here that I pull it for a Super Bowl party I was hosting as it is easier to eat. It was a huge success and I've been doing it this way ever since due to the leftovers generally being better on the reheat. It basically pulls like pork and then I pour all the juice left in the foil over it. The pulled meat soaks it all up and helps keep it moist for reheating.

The point is always the best part; however, the point gets mixed in with the flat after pulling and mixing it all together so every trip back into the bag includes both.

In the spirit of this thread, here is the brisket, then pulled, and then last night's leftovers: smoked all beef hot links topped with cheddar and the pulled brisket. Prior to pulling it, I took a strip off the top with my hands, hence the split in the whole brisket picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6-18 Brisket.jpg (100.5 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg 6-18 Pull.jpg (105.9 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg Brisket Dog 1.jpg (81.4 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg Brisket Dog 2.jpg (29.3 KB, 67 views)

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:56 PM   #23
Joe Black
Babbling Farker

Damn, Smitty... That 9 is a lot of perseverance, must be some killer que. I think that 4 or 5 is about tops for me. And, I really like me some pulled pork and baby back ribs.
Joe Black is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2018, 10:17 PM   #24
AKMIMNAK
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
It's awesome. Was suggested in a thread here that I pull it for a Super Bowl party I was hosting as it is easier to eat. It was a huge success and I've been doing it this way ever since due to the leftovers generally being better on the reheat. It basically pulls like pork and then I pour all the juice left in the foil over it. The pulled meat soaks it all up and helps keep it moist for reheating.

The point is always the best part; however, the point gets mixed in with the flat after pulling and mixing it all together so every trip back into the bag includes both.

In the spirit of this thread, here is the brisket, then pulled, and then last night's leftovers: smoked all beef hot links topped with cheddar and the pulled brisket. Prior to pulling it, I took a strip off the top with my hands, hence the split in the whole brisket picture.
This looks RIDICULOUS in the best possible sense of that word. Wow. I am totally trying this next brisket I smoke. Heck, I have a smoked point in the fridge from Saturday....maybe I'll do this tomorrow for dinner! After that, I might try mixing it with pulled pork and checking out that combo! All kinds of possibilities you've got me started on here.

Old 06-27-2018, 01:08 PM   #25
dadsr4

I had Kettle Fried chicken breast on Monday, and smoked thighs last night. Different cooks, but it's as close as I come.

Old 06-27-2018, 01:25 PM   #26
pitbossJB
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : el jefe

I can eat brisket till the cows come home. Ribs only a couple times.

UDS with 007 mods and pizza top
Highly modified Bandera w/ griddle on firebox
Mini SJ/UDS
micro mini UDS
Smokey Joe's
1983 22.5" Weber kettle
pitbossJB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2018, 01:34 PM   #27
tom72
On the road to being a farker

I can only eat the same BBQ meat the day of and the next day, typically. Then I vacuum seal and freeze everything so I can have nearly instant barbecue whenever I want for a while. The only exception to this, on occasion, would be baby back ribs. Sometimes I just seem to not be able to get enough of them. My longest streak ever with those was four days.

Always remember that [COLOR=red][I]you[/I][/COLOR] are [COLOR=red]unique[/COLOR] and [COLOR=red]special[/COLOR], just like [COLOR=red][I]everybody else[/I][/COLOR]. :mrgreen:
tom72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2018, 01:46 PM   #28
jermoQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

Quote:

That looks delicious!!! Brisket would be good that way, but IMnotalwaysHO, unless you catch it on sale, use a cheaper cut than brisket if you want to have pulled beef. Chuck roasts have good fat and flavor for less $$.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:47 PM   #29
Smoking Piney

Name/Nickname : John

Quote:
I can eat pulled pork for days. I will even eat it out of a bowl with some finishing sauce and cheap store bought slaw. No bun required.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this.

Assassin 24
XL BGE
Weber Kettle with rotisserie and Vortex
Ooni 3 Pizza Oven
AMNPS

Last edited by Smoking Piney; 06-27-2018 at 05:53 PM..
Smoking Piney is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 06-28-2018, 04:04 AM   #30
DainBramage77
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Quote:
The wife (who wouldn't touch pulled pork 10 years ago), will now just stand with fridge door open eating it cold out of the container.
I'll at least exercise enough restraint to give it a minute in the microwave first...
DainBramage77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lone star grillz, lone star grillz new models, pulled pork