Kcbs elections

Rusty Kettle

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Did you vote yet?

So I renewed my membership because of the requirement for membership to compete. So I figured because I am paying for it now that I might as well vote.
I read everything on the KCBS website that the candidates posted about why they should be on the KCBS board.

So I voted for:
Benny Adauto
Randy Bigler
Ann Hurst
David Qualls

Good luck to all the folks running.

Did you vote yet?

So I renewed my membership because of the requirement for membership to compete. So I figured because I am paying for it now that I might as well vote.
I read everything on the KCBS website that the candidates posted about why they should be on the KCBS board.

So I voted for:
Benny Adauto
Randy Bigler
Ann Hurst
David Qualls

Good luck to all the folks running.
Wait, you JUST renewed (You weren't a member in good standing as of January 1) and you were still able to vote?!?

Wait, you JUST renewed (You weren't a member in good standing as of January 1) and you were still able to vote?!?
Was I supposed to be? I followed the link on the web page. Lol good job kcbs another fark up.... Yeah i renewed friday. Did not know that or I would not have voted. Oh well lol what a joke.

Sent kcbs an email to request my vote be removed. I was not aware of this rule as any time I have been a member of kcbs I dont bother to vote. So while this is not my fault it is a bit embarrassing and yeah I am pretty pissed off at KCBS. Apologies to other kcbs members again I was not aware of this rule. To say that I am mad is an understatement. I will be contacting the board directly.

Thanks for your vote regardless. I will say that having a 3rd party run the elections where a list of eligible voters is sent to the 3rd party by KCBS would have prevented that issue. Which brings up a question for the conspiracy mined among us. How many new members will be added so voting results are what some at KCBS want? I hate to even think like that but there is too much going on regarding this election that nothing would surprise me.
Benny

Thanks for your vote regardless. I will say that having a 3rd party run the elections where a list of eligible voters is sent to the 3rd party by KCBS would have prevented that issue. Which brings up a question for the conspiracy mined among us. How many new members will be added so voting results are what some at KCBS want? I hate to even think like that but there is too much going on regarding this election that nothing would surprise me.
Benny

I am speculating the possibility of a Wells Fargo situation here. What is to prevent "some interested parties presently on the Board" from registering online profiles for existing members on the new website, and placing votes that will benefit them. There is enough history of low voter turnout, that an unexpected vote result combined with a considerable increase in turnout would cause me to question things ...

Sent kcbs an email to request my vote be removed. I was not aware of this rule as any time I have been a member of kcbs I dont bother to vote. So while this is not my fault it is a bit embarrassing and yeah I am pretty pissed off at KCBS. Apologies to other kcbs members again I was not aware of this rule. To say that I am mad is an understatement. I will be contacting the board directly.

This will be interesting. Several Board members have touted on social media that the security of this new voting system is such that even the people who created the new website, let alone Board members, cannot get access to voting information. If they are able to "remove" your vote, then it will contradict the very things they said the new website platform provides.

When you get a response, please update us on this thread.

By the way, you did nothing wrong! This is 100% the fault of KCBS for allowing such an action to take place. No need to apologize or be pissed off.

This will be interesting. Several Board members have touted on social media that the security of this new voting system is such that even the people who created the new website, let alone Board members, cannot get access to voting information. If they are able to "remove" your vote, then it will contradict the very things they said the new website platform provides.

When you get a response, please update us on this thread.

By the way, you did nothing wrong! This is 100% the fault of KCBS for allowing such an action to take place. No need to apologize or be pissed off.
I will update this for sure.

Rusty, when did your membership expire? I believe if you renew your membership within 60 days of it expiring you are still considered in good standing.

UPDATE: A member of the board, who is not a member of the Brethren, had this thread forwarded to them and reached out to me this morning to direct Rusty to contact them directly since they had not received any communication from them. Shortly after that, they found Rusty's email/message that arrived via a channel that they don't automatically get copied on. They will be responding directly to Rusty. +1 for the member that let the board member know about the issue, and the board member for being proactive.

Additionally, THIS YEAR a member must have paid and be in good standing as of 1/16/19 by 5PM in order to be eligible to vote. Explanation for the difference from previous years is that there is no need to compile and send a membership list to a 3rd party this year.

Rusty should be receiving an email from them today.

....and Julian Assange has yet to offer guidance so I'm probably going to be flipping coins to determine who I vote for...

Sounds like another direct violation of the bylaws by the BOD. Which board member told you this?

Sounds like another direct violation of the bylaws by the BOD. Which board member told you this?

Emails, like PMs are intended to be private communications.

I shared the info I was given. Which bylaw would that be? I'm not questioning your veracity, just trying to save time finding the facts.

UPDATE: A member of the board, who is not a member of the Brethren, had this thread forwarded to them and reached out to me this morning to direct Rusty to contact them directly since they had not received any communication from them. Shortly after that, they found Rusty's email/message that arrived via a channel that they don't automatically get copied on. They will be responding directly to Rusty. +1 for the member that let the board member know about the issue, and the board member for being proactive.

Additionally, THIS YEAR a member must have paid and be in good standing as of 1/16/19 by 5PM in order to be eligible to vote. Explanation for the difference from previous years is that there is no need to compile and send a membership list to a 3rd party this year.

Rusty should be receiving an email from them today.

....and Julian Assange has yet to offer guidance so I'm probably going to be flipping coins to determine who I vote for...

Yep I had a board member reach out. As it was explained to me my votes count.
As to who reached out it may be best not to post that info as of yet. I will ask permission to post the email when I get home from work today. If its ok I will share it and if not it will be kept private.

As to your question Tduffy my membership expired about a year ago roughly. So if that is the case I am well out of date on a 60 day window. I do not know the bylaws so feel free to contact the board directly. If you would need info from me feel free to pm me as well.

So with that out of the way get out and vote and good luck to all members running for the board.

The Bylaws are a bit vague on elections. They only say that they must occur annually with electronic and written ballots as options. It doesn't really say when or who can vote.

The Bylaws are a bit vague on elections. They only say that they must occur annually with electronic and written ballots as options. It doesn't really say when or who can vote.
This was on page 14 of the December Bullsheet:

"Reminder - Your KCBS membership must be current as of December 15th,
2018 to be eligible to vote in the 2019 Board of Directors Election.
Not sure about your membership, call the KCBS Office at 800-963-5227"

Rusty you are completely innocent in all of this and I personally am glad you brought this up.

Saying that, to me this is another example of a cluster fark. I know for sure as Slamdunkpro posted that you had to be a member in good standings by mid Dec. To me this is just another example of them making rules up as they go. Whats to keep someone from joining just to vote a certain way and or KCBS manipulating the scores? Something seems super fishy. Between conflict of interests on the board, all the closed door sessions, the entire new website and time it was started(election) and now this? I guess personally I have had my fill of what I perceive as some of the games going on

Rusty you are completely innocent in all of this and I personally am glad you brought this up.

Saying that, to me this is another example of a cluster fark. I know for sure as Slamdunkpro posted that you had to be a member in good standings by mid Dec. To me this is just another example of them making rules up as they go. Whats to keep someone from joining just to vote a certain way and or KCBS manipulating the scores? Something seems super fishy. Between conflict of interests on the board, all the closed door sessions, the entire new website and time it was started(election) and now this? I guess personally I have had my fill of what I perceive as some of the games going on
I honestly am not sure what the heck is going on. It does say it in the December
Bull sheet, I just looked it up in the archive on kcbs's website. Which is not at all what was communicated to me by KCBS. So yeah it sure looks odd. Luckily the same thing was communicated to a few other members. So at least people know I am not full of chit.
So far what I know is the following.

I was told I was fine to vote.
I voted. I posted this topic here. Was told basically I should not be able to vote due to my membership not being renewed in time. I posted a response because I was not aware of this rule. I contacted KCBS and was told I was fine to vote. Ok so then slamdunkpro posted that it said it in the bull sheet in December. I finished my response to kcbs and told them to come here and read the whole topic for themselves as slamdunkpro had questioned it based on the December Bullsheet.
Now I suppose we wait and see what happens next with this.

Talk about stepping on a land mine.

IANAL but my understanding is you have to make the election period public and finite. You can't just arbitrarily extend the membership in good standing date by 30 days. How many former KCBS members that might be interested thought they missed their window to renew and vote based on the published dates? This borders on deliberate disenfranchisement and may very well be grounds to challenge the election results.

Back