MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #16
Twelvegaugepump
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Kevin

Awesome work! You mention paint and primer. Care to share what you used?
Twelvegaugepump is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #17
TuscaloosaQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelvegaugepump View Post
Awesome work! You mention paint and primer. Care to share what you used?
I used an inorganic zinc primer, I was impressed after an hour i could not scrape the primer off and then some 1200 degree paint with a satin finish. I wished i had went glossier, I think they offer it. It was from the dampney corporation. The primer was 150$ a gallon the paint was around 50$ but my thinking is..... If it last it is worth it to me!!!!
TuscaloosaQ is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #18
SauceHitter
Found some matches.

Love the square cook chamber.

My trailer build (project to Learn welding) uses a tank. Hate giving up meat capacity.

Next build will be a squared unit for the back yard. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Hope you don't mind me stealing from them.
SauceHitter is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #19
smokeinthenoke
On the road to being a farker

Awesome! Did ya'll make those metal wheels on the patio model?
smokeinthenoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #20
Hoss
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Thank you for sharing.Awesome craftsmanship.
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2013, 10:26 PM   #21
willieboy
Found some matches.

How does that trailer tow? I am not trying to be too critical, as I am sure you planned it with 150+ lbs of hardwood sitting up front. But empty, with the tongue that light, I am guessing it is a squirrely bugger going down the road. Not a real problem if you are pulling it behind the ATV on the farm, but at 50+ mph on the highway, I would be afraid she is wagging the dog pretty good. Now, load the front down with some good hardwood, and maybe it is not an issue...

Old 03-30-2013, 10:28 PM   #22
speers90
is One Chatty Farker

Great work! Thanks for taking the time to answer all my PM's this week, it will probably be mid to late summer before I can get started on mine but I figure it's never to early to get the plans worked out.

The Beast: 500 Gallon Homemade Reverse Flow
[url]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187401[/url]
Weber 22"
Cajun Fryer FF2
speers90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2013, 03:43 AM   #23
TuscaloosaQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by willieboy View Post
How does that trailer tow? I am not trying to be too critical, as I am sure you planned it with 150+ lbs of hardwood sitting up front. But empty, with the tongue that light, I am guessing it is a squirrely bugger going down the road. Not a real problem if you are pulling it behind the ATV on the farm, but at 50+ mph on the highway, I would be afraid she is wagging the dog pretty good. Now, load the front down with some good hardwood, and maybe it is not an issue...
The trailer pulls straight as an arrow as is....... I have been building them for over 30 years. Believe me you can jerk the wheel all you want that trailer is balanced perfect. That is why I step my cookers into the trailer so I get the perfect tongue weight on a cooker. I have pulled them as far as Ohio. I have many many testimonials from people everywhere and I can assure you every last one of them have given me top of the line 1st class reviews. Keep your eyes peeled because they are going to hit the internet soon in our website..... Thanks for the concern but no need they are straight up perfect for pulling down the road, in the pic i was illustrating that once you get pass the tip point heck mamma can drag it around!!!!!!

Old 03-31-2013, 05:12 AM   #24
TuscaloosaQ
Babbling Farker

SauceHitter Yes we made the wheels out of 8" pipe and 1/2" round rod

speers90 Glad I was able to help, heck many people have helped me over the years and i will forever be greatful.

SauceHitter the cooker started out round I just laid the ends out as a squared off cooker and built off of that. I have another one to start just like this one I will post pics along the way!!!1!

willieboy just to expound on what I commented on earlier about the tongue weight i got to the refinery this morning and the guy that purchased the cooker was commenting on how good the trailer pulled. Believe me I very well know about the 60/40 rule on tongue weight. But everyhing has a + or- factor to it. and i assure you everthing is taken into account!!!!!!! I do not think you were being critical at all.....looks can be deceiving

Old 03-31-2013, 06:31 AM   #25
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : George

WOW You guys do really nice work They look like great smokers
Mid Atlantic BBQ Association
KCBS
Back Porch BBQ Competition BBQ Team
Proud Member of the Zero Club

When all else fails ask yourself WWGALD
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2013, 08:14 PM   #26
bbqwilly
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by willieboy View Post
I bought one of Paul's smokers last year. The trailer is perfect. Running 80 mph on the interstate, I didn't know it was back there. Its that way with the front loaded down with wood, or empty.
bbqwilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2013, 08:36 PM   #27
Cooknhogz
On the road to being a farker

all looks great, nice work
Cooknhogz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2013, 10:05 PM   #28
HookedOnQ
is one Smokin' Farker

I think u need some bigger therms on that trailer build.. JK . Man that is some awsome work i wish i had half the fab and welding skills u guys have

Old 04-01-2013, 05:02 AM   #29
TuscaloosaQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqwilly View Post
I bought one of Paul's smokers last year. The trailer is perfect. Running 80 mph on the interstate, I didn't know it was back there. Its that way with the front loaded down with wood, or empty.

Will some people just don't get it, it does not take as much tongue weight as some think, thanks for the Kudos!!!!!!

davefan360 thanks for the nice compliments if we build something we are going to do it with class and I mean first class, or else we will just go to the lake and crappie fish!!!!!!

Old 04-01-2013, 05:42 AM   #30
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Nice work and enjoy that a fellow craftsman can handle some nit witt picking on something (shelves) That person would be running for his life IF he picked up a welder and a spark went into his boot! He probably does not the difference between a screw driver and a willow twig..Or even wear boots, probably loafers..
Nice pics for the guys wanting to build their own cookers and projects. How many projects have you built that should not have worked and was kick arss..then how about that super genius idea thats still sittng out back in the scrap heap..
Keep up the spirit of pride and being able to produce something to be proud of!!! Pete