Beef jerky

BBQ JER

My father has a weber bullet and was talking to me about doing beef jerky on it. I made a UDS a couple months ago and I am wondering if anyone has a good recipe and could tell me how to make some on my UDS ?

Listen to Ron.................................;}-

Or I come get you:!::!::!:

thumbnailCAO8HJCJ.jpg

I'll be baack:!:

Hi Mountain seasonings work well. I just made some venison jerky with one last weekend. I know, no pictures, didn't happen.

i made some jerky today but not on the UDS. my oven has a dehydrating convection feature and along with the racks from cabellas i can turn a 6# of eye of round into jerky in about 8 hours (not including marinate time).

i could take a pic of the bag of jerky if you want proof!

I make jerky all the time with my american harvest dehydrator. I use london broil mostly but anything that is on sale cheap works for me. I marinate in soy/teriyaki/chili flakes and garlic. Good stuff. On the WSM just keep the heat low. The idea is to dry the meat out more than actually cooking it. Watch out on the smoke though, I had a friend make some on his smoker and it was like eating a campfire. I had to wash my hands after touching it. Good luck, post pics.

Back