MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:06 PM   #1
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

Default 2000 Lbs of Funk

For those of you that are following my move to Texas

Well with a lot of winching, bracing and brute strength I finally did It. Took me the day nearly. In the first shot you can see the blue trailer I used to haul the Meat Mamma 3000 (nearly 1000 lb smoker I built) lain on its side to the left. Behind the red tool box is the Meat Mamma 3000

Attachment 21840

This shows the Meat Mama Over the axles of the U haul.
Attachment 21841

The Pair seen in happier times.

Attachment 21842

Now... when I get to Texas WHO WANTS TO help me drop them out of the truck?

Last edited by barbefunkoramaque; 04-03-2011 at 02:34 PM..
barbefunkoramaque is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2008, 10:20 PM   #2
Norcoredneck
somebody shut me the fark up.

Get a web cam, I'll be the buddy who sits on the side drinking beer telling you how I would do it! Anything to help a brother out.

The Prontologist is in...
Ok let's see your Butt!
Norcoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2008, 10:26 PM   #3
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcoredneck View Post
Get a web cam, I'll be the buddy who sits on the side drinking beer telling you how I would do it! Anything to help a brother out.
I am gonna set up a tripod and cam for the drop. iTS GONNA MAKE A racket.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:27 PM   #4
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

Honestly I wish I knew where I could get a quick block and tackle when I get there.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:33 PM   #5
1_T_Scot
is Blowin Smoke!

Lowes? Good luck. Might have to buy some beer to get that one moved! Good way to meet the new neighbors!

Supporting Disabled Veterans. Link Removed. Diveheart .org

Large Big Green Egg - Fathers Day 2009
1_T_Scot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2008, 10:34 PM   #6
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

If I lived closer, I'd be there. Just an idea. Follow me here. Let the truck, physics and one big arse farking tree do the work for you.

Once you remove everything else outta the truck and the trailer is all thats left, can you put the wheels back on it and lay it down on the floor of the truck with a little bit of space on each side?

If not, then I'll shut up at this point.
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2008, 10:36 PM   #7
Countryhb
is One Chatty Farker

How about an engine hoist??? Just my .02
Kamado #7
BWS Party
NB offset with baffle and chimney mods--STOLEN
Double-barrel 55-gal drum smoker
A farking weed burner...hehe hehe! Fire's Cool!
Countryhb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2008, 10:44 PM   #8
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

i got it up there with a come a long... but I hate lowering with a come a long. rather be holding a line of rope 15 feet away and out of the truck

Old 12-16-2008, 10:47 PM   #9
BobBrisket

Believe it or not, I've done this before. My dad's former tightwad boss put us in a situation like this and it's easier than it looks. By any chance does the truck have a loading ramp on it? Either a hydro lift or an aluminum ramp?
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:49 PM   #10
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

I got it... I will cut hole in the roof while the door is closed and fill it with rub.... then... cut the lines holding it upright and then open the bay door... as the tons of rub fall out like sand it will gently lower to the floor of the trailer

i am so sore right now

Old 12-16-2008, 10:59 PM   #11
blues_n_cues
is One Chatty Farker

nice rig but where @ home & for how many? cause shake & bake ... gonna come put some spank on ya texas business cookers soon- i fikkin' to go home & get righteous............

Old 12-16-2008, 11:03 PM   #12
blues_n_cues
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbefunkoramaque View Post
Honestly I wish I knew where I could get a quick block and tackle when I get there.
just hire a professional roadie(yeah i know- bboth words in the same phrase but....)

Old 12-16-2008, 11:33 PM   #13
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Hook up a chain to the meat mamma, hook the other end to a local street lamp, Leave back door open and drive away.

Using this technique, you will find the meat momma will move out of the truck very quickly.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2008, 11:55 PM   #14
JamesB
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
Hook up a chain to the meat mamma, hook the other end to a local street lamp, Leave back door open and drive away.

Using this technique, you will find the meat momma will move out of the truck very quickly.
I was thinking the same thing... chain the pit to a tree and slowly drive away... Guess it would depend on the height of the drop...
JamesB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2008, 12:07 AM   #15
BobBrisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post

Actually Phil, this is very close to how we did it. Years back my dad's boss rolled a flatbed into a Uhaul and then piled all his stuff on top of the trailer. The trailer was a bit longer than Funks. When he unloaded all his other chit, he took the truck and trailer to the warehouse and got all the grunts together to take the trailer that the other grunts in the California warehouse had put into the truck by actually LIFTING the farker. We decided to work smarter, not harder.
The hitch was facing out like Funk's. It was also on the floor. We didn't hafta figure a way to lay it down. We attached two chains to the hitch and the other end to a big arse pipe on the loading dock a few feet higher than the hitch itself so it would keep the hitch from digging inot the ground. One guy pulled the truck forward till the trailer tires were on the edge of the truck door. At this point we lowered the aluminum ramp. We tied some rope to the rails on the back of the trailer and pushed the wheels off the edge and let it drop gently. Guy in truck pulled forward a little more till the back edge of the tralier met the edge of the truck. We lifted over the edge fo the ramp and then the truck pulled forward again and it slid gently down the ramp till the tires touched the ground.
The boss came out an couldnt believe we did the job with 5-6 guys when he had 10-15 to load it. They never thought of using the ramp.
In Funk's case I figure he could unload everything except the trailer and Meat momma. Once everything is outMomma gets pushed back in the truck and behind the trailer. Once trailer is unloaded and on the ground, he could winch Momma right off the truck and onto the trailer.

Guess why he went to the trouble of putting the trailer in the truck instead of pulling it behind the truck?

Last edited by BobBrisket; 12-17-2008 at 12:53 AM..