MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-08-2014, 03:21 PM   #1786
PatAttack
somebody shut me the fark up.

Keep up the good work!

Glad to hear of your success, Brother!

22" WSM
22" Weber Gold
Weber Smoky Joe
Weber Gasser
Rec-Tec 590
PatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2014, 03:40 PM   #1787
bander7003
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marubozo View Post
As for the TV, I put together a slideshow with a group of my professional photos, put a caption and our logo on them so that people who may be waiting in line or for their food can see what else they might like. And it seems to be working because I've overheard some people watching it and talking about what they were going to order next time because it looked so good.
I knew that would be a winning idea. Quite frankly, I often find myself looking at your pictures for inspiration into what I'm going to cook next. I've loved everyone of your pics so far.

Klose 24x50 BYC
Backwoods Fatboy
Weber Kettle
[COLOR=blue]Rock Chalk Jayhawk Blue[/COLOR][COLOR=black] Thermapen[/COLOR]
Weber Gasser (out of gas)
bander7003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-09-2014, 08:16 AM   #1788
NickTheGreat
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Smoking Pig View Post
Sounds like when you get that SF smoker, you may be using it everyday during the summer.
Over/under on his next smoker upgrade is 6 months. Smart money says take the under!

Thanks from: --->
Old 05-09-2014, 09:07 PM   #1789
bigun94
Found some matches.

Not sure why everyone keeps giving him advice and a hard time about the TV.

He obviously knows a thing or two about his own business.
bigun94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2014, 08:43 PM   #1790
Aggie930
Got rid of the matchlight.

marubozo,

I'm just a lurker to get some quick info for the few times I smoke on my Brinkmann Electric.

I saw your thread while looking up something for a Mother's Day smoke. I ended up getting nothing done at work Thursday and forgot was I was looking up. I wished I lived closer, but I make a trip to Chicago (from Pittsburgh) every summer. I already told my wife that we are stopping at your place.

Congratulations on your perseverance and your success.
Aggie930 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2014, 01:47 PM   #1791
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

I knew mothers day was a big dining out day, but this is just ridiculous. We sold out by 12:30 today. It was farking crazy. We just polished off the last of the pulled pork and chicken, so I literally just have about half a pound of sausage and a couple of rib tips for the rest of the day.

marubozo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2014, 02:43 PM   #1792
CT-Mike
is one Smokin' Farker

Crazy, but that's a nice problem to have. It really seems as though your new SF smoker will be running full time to keep up with demand, and you'll be ordering another to handle the catering side of the bidness.

[url]www.facebook.com/goindeepbbq[/url]
CT-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2014, 02:47 PM   #1793
aawa
Babbling Farker

Man you have a great problem to have for a restaurant.

Keep on rocking it out, and paying attention to detail and quality and the Prized Pig will become an iconic restaurant in your area and quite possibly a BBQ Mecca that will be added to peoples destination restaurants.

P.S. That was definitely a smart thing doing the slide show of your food to help get people to decide on what they want before coming up to the window.

Old 05-11-2014, 03:39 PM   #1794
daninnewjersey
Babbling Farker

That is so cool to hear....just keep doing what you're doing....with the addition of the SF smoker that is....

Old 05-11-2014, 09:56 PM   #1795
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

I had no idea I was going to create such a monster. Don't get me wrong, it's fantastic, but I had absolutely no idea or even expectations things would go like this. I still come home at night in disbelief that this is all real.

It's just surreal to me that like yesterday there was a line out the door and people parking in the grass and on the street, probably 90% of were first-time diners. And then today, running out of mac and cheese at lunch and having about 10 people saying they would wait an hour until the next batch is done. Who does that? I sure wouldn't.

Anyway, I'm going to try to catch up on some sleep on these two days off, but just wanted to thank everyone here for all of your support and encouragement. You've provided a great place to get some reinforcement and a place for me to vent a bit, and that makes all the difference in the world.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:06 PM   #1796
Crakaveli
Full Fledged Farker

can you add on to the building? or add some outdoor seating?
Crakaveli is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2014, 10:16 PM   #1797
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crakaveli View Post
can you add on to the building? or add some outdoor seating?
Picnic tables for outdoor seating is coming. One of my cooks builds picnic tables and is working on getting a few of those built. But seating is the least of my problems. It's smoker/holding space that's holding us back. The smoker is usually 99.9% utilized all day, and the CVAP is probably at about 110% capacity for holding.

So with the new smoker coming in July, and a deal I'm working on with another restaurant about renting a full-sized CVAP, that's when I'll finally be able to ramp up production. As for now, it's just filling the smoker every day and selling until it's gone.

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-12-2014, 03:09 AM   #1798
rufio
Knows what a fatty is.

Fantastic thread and fantastic story. Congratulations!

I hope this isn't an inappropriate question, I'm just curious, given how great things are going, are the new capital expenditures (new smoker, CVAC machine etc) being covered by the restaurants takings or are you having to dip into personal savings or take on debt in order to cover them?
Feel free to ignore this if you wish.

Congrats again!

Old 05-12-2014, 10:17 AM   #1799
Lespauljeff
Found some matches.

Been watching this grow into a monster. Don't remember if you posted or not- what kind of poundage you cooking each day?
Lespauljeff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2014, 10:44 AM   #1800
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufio View Post
Fantastic thread and fantastic story. Congratulations!

I hope this isn't an inappropriate question, I'm just curious, given how great things are going, are the new capital expenditures (new smoker, CVAC machine etc) being covered by the restaurants takings or are you having to dip into personal savings or take on debt in order to cover them?
Feel free to ignore this if you wish.

Congrats again!
I try to use cash whenever I can, so most of it has come out of the business. I did finance the original smoker though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lespauljeff View Post
Been watching this grow into a monster. Don't remember if you posted or not- what kind of poundage you cooking each day?
Somewhere around 400 pounds on most days.