MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:33 PM   #151
Plowboy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionQuest220 View Post
This might help to explain things a little better...

The Jack folks are going to do things in a certain order and, unless I'm mistaken, it will be something like this:

Determine all the "Automatic" teams based upon 7+ GCs and automatic state contests, like New Holland, PA and Boulder City, NV. Teams that meet those criteria will be removed from all state draws.

Next will be the State Draws and the order of the states will be selected randomly. Once a team is drawn from a state, they will be removed from any other states in which they have GCs.

After all the state draws are done, any state that had a GC team that didn't get selected in the state draws will be put into Home State Draws. That is were a team like Parrothead would get their invitation as they are the only SD team with a GC but if there had, for example, been two SD teams with GCs then they would be put into a two team draw and the winner would get the invite.

Finally, after all the Home State draws are done, they'll put all the remaining teams back into the hopper and pull one bung. That team will then be invited as the Wild Card team.

I think that covers it!
And in the Wild Card draw, you get one bung. Doesn't matter how many qualifiers you won. It is just a little different from the state draws.

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2009, 06:37 PM   #152
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post
They draw the order of the states.

Are you sure Sled doesn't count? Just because he's an automatic in another state, that doesn't make him a NY team?
Leave me out of this, I dont want to be grouped with any home state clowns
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2009, 08:54 PM   #153
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledneck View Post
Leave me out of this, I dont want to be grouped with any home state clowns
Maybe you should write a letter to fix that.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2009, 10:04 AM   #154
Muzzlebrake
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
Maybe you should write a letter to fix that.
you saying the fix is in?? thats just wrong!

"What sort of people are these charcoal masters? They behaved badly and were unconcerned with appearances. Their hair was long and unkempt and their clothes were wrinkled and old. They drank beer to and from the crab house and they made rude noises while we cooked." Tao of Charcoal
Muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2009, 10:18 AM   #155
HoDeDo
Babbling Farker

Sled would count as a NY state team, so they would not have a state team draw for NY if someone else gets that state draw other than a resident

Old 09-01-2009, 10:22 AM   #156
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzlebrake View Post
you saying the fix is in?? thats just wrong!

Wrong? Werent you the one yelling FIX first when I won at BotBB. sheesh... good for the goose...

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2009, 10:25 AM   #157
Podge
is One Chatty Farker

I like to wish everyone from the Brethren, good luck on this thursday's draw !!.. If you don't make it in, it's not the end of the world. Just got to try again for next year.
Podge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2009, 10:50 AM   #158
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Just added a bottle of Gentleman Jack to the freezer, so that I can celebrate with my friends on Thursday.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2009, 10:54 AM   #159
Vince RnQ
is One Chatty Farker

Today is the deadline for getting your draw entry form back to Jack Daniel's. You'll need to fax it to them!
Vince RnQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2009, 11:19 AM   #160
SmokeInDaEye
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoDeDo View Post
Sled would count as a NY state team, so they would not have a state team draw for NY if someone else gets that state draw other than a resident
You sure, Andy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionQuest220 View Post
That's how it worked last year for us in Arizona. There were three teams with GCs but one of those was for an automatic contest in Nevada. When the other two didn't get drawn in their respective state draws, (we were one of those two teams), they put our bungs in to a Home State Rep draw and we won that draw.

Does that help clear things up a bit?
Either way, my application finally got there so now we wait. Working on my plans for the Royal for when I don't get in.
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis
SmokeInDaEye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #161
HoDeDo
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeInDaEye View Post
You sure, Andy?
Either way, my application finally got there so now we wait. Working on my plans for the Royal for when I don't get in.
If a team from the state is represented, then they do not draw another... for example, KS does not have a state draw, since a KS team is already in.

Since Sled is a NY state team, he would cover the home state draw for NY...

Just like if Parrothead wins somewhere outside of SD... they dont have a separate state draw, for SD, if he gets an entry in the other state....he is the representitive, if he gets a draw from someplace.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:56 PM   #162
Scottie
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Just an FYI boys... Smokey Joel won the auto out of SD last year. None of us Illinois guys made a draw, so they had the special one for us and Ulcer Acres went from Illinois along with Smokey Joel from SD as an auto...

I'm not saying, just saying...

Red Jambo one off
FE 100
FEC 100
WSM
Homer Simpson 22 " Weber Kettle
Red 18 1/2" Weber Kettle
Black 26 3/4" Weber Kettle
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2009, 02:47 PM   #163
Muzzlebrake
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
Wrong? Werent you the one yelling FIX first when I won at BotBB. sheesh... good for the goose...
LMAO, knew that was coming!

"What sort of people are these charcoal masters? They behaved badly and were unconcerned with appearances. Their hair was long and unkempt and their clothes were wrinkled and old. They drank beer to and from the crab house and they made rude noises while we cooked." Tao of Charcoal
Muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #164
Jason - 3 Eyz
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Good Luck

Good luck to all in the draw this week! We've got a 50% shot for MD, so send us your good luck!!! :)
Jason - 3 Eyz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2009, 08:38 PM   #165
rbsnwngs
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzlebrake View Post
LMAO, knew that was coming!
BTW that was an event I was helping to run LOL

WILLIE PALOOOOZA 2017 Will Happen
http://williepallooza.blogspot.com/
www.williebsbbq.com
38th IS ALMOST LIKE WINNING