• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Best uses for pulled pork other than sandwiches?

Tricky

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
To me, the pulled pork sandwich is the pinnacle use for delicious, tender pulled pork.

But when I smoked a butt this weekend, I didn't have any buns, or even any kind of bread, when the pork was ready to eat. (Planning failure on my part)

What are your favorite uses for pulled pork other than sandwiches?

Any Mexican dish you can think of, even nachos. Green Chili is awesome with pulled pork.

I smoked a butt today, then pulled it, simmered it in taco seasoning and then made some Carnitas Tacos.

i like it in chili, with scrambled eggs, mixed with macaroni and cheese and in bbq spaghetti.

Imo anything that calls for ground beef tastes good with pp.

I make pulled pork into all kinds of things. It does work great in pulled pork tacos etc...or as chile colorado, in enchiladas, egg rolls, soup, beans etc... But, my favorite thing is...

Smoked Pork Shoulder carnitas...
cheeknitas.jpg

Just cook the butt until tender, then chunk instead of shredding. Then add to a cast iron pan with some bacon fat or lard and fry until crisp.

Anything Mex is right on! Nachos, carnitas, quesodillas, enchiladas, and carne guidsada.

Hmmm...this pic has the wheels turnin.....General Tso's pork maybe in my future.

I make pulled pork into all kinds of things. It does work great in pulled pork tacos etc...or as chile colorado, in enchiladas, egg rolls, soup, beans etc... But, my favorite thing is...

Smoked Pork Shoulder carnitas...
cheeknitas.jpg

Just cook the butt until tender, then chunk instead of shredding. Then add to a cast iron pan with some bacon fat or lard and fry until crisp.

Baked Potato

On top of of baked potato, with chives, sour cream, and BBQ sauce. That is our favorite...

I like:

curried pork
pork burritos
BBQ pork on buns (pulled pork sandwiches)
pork fried rice
pork mole/pipian over rice
pork stir fry
pork and onions in pipian sauce

baked beans with pork
salade lyonnaise with pork chunks instead of bacon
spinach salad with pork instead of bacon

bean soup
baked beans with smoked pork

greens + pork
quiche with onions, smoked pork, cheese

and, finally

smoked pork on top of a big recipe of cabbage rolls stuffed with homemade sausage

seattlepitboss

Pulled Pork stuffed corn bread muffins, they are really good. I use a muffin tin and load it half way and then add a layer of PP and then top with more cornbread mixture and bake as required.

Don't forget pulled pork hash...with diced baby reds, green and red peppers, onions. You get the idea!

Back