Stuffed Pork Loin, SPAM and Hot Wings! Man Food!

Desert Dweller

Babbling Farker
The boys came over to spend the eve with me. They arrived about 4 and stayed 4 or 5 hours, pretty good for teenagers I think. I had picked up a pork loin for $1.49 a pound a while back, so I thawed it along with some Hot Italian Sausages. I created a cavity in the loin, end to end, and stuffed the sausages into the cavity after slicing the tube of the sausage to allow for internal basting...:wink: I gave it a mustard slather and a heavy coat of DP's Shakin the Tree. Made a nice bark. I figured it would take about three hours to do the roast (ended up being 3.25 hours). Cooked at 235 with Hickory and Apple.

I bought some precooked wings, added my own wing sauce and seasoned with Todd's Dirt. We had those as a snack, and I'm sorry to say I did not get finished picks of those. There were only 16 wings, so I had 4 and the boys had 3 each and we ate them so quick I forgot to get the finished pic. They were mighty good!

I also opened a can of Spam, cut it in half, and smoked that for breakfast meat later in the week. All in all, a pretty good visit and alot of man food for us boys. Thx for lookin in...

Attachments

• stuffed porkloin 001.jpg
    stuffed porkloin 001.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 230
  • stuffed porkloin 002.jpg
    stuffed porkloin 002.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 226
  • stuffed porkloin 003.jpg
    stuffed porkloin 003.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 225
  • stuffed porkloin 004.jpg
    stuffed porkloin 004.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 227
  • stuffed porkloin 005.jpg
    stuffed porkloin 005.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 226
  • stuffed porkloin 006.jpg
    stuffed porkloin 006.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 224
  • stuffed porkloin 009.jpg
    stuffed porkloin 009.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 226
  • stuffed porkloin 008.jpg
    stuffed porkloin 008.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 226
  • stuffed porkloin 007.jpg
    stuffed porkloin 007.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 227
My adoption papers are on the way Bo!! I wanna be your 5th son! That's a nice price on that loin. Looks fantastic. I'd hit a plate, but I'd hafta act fast and beat your boys to the grub.:wink: Those are some lean, mean, eating machines right there.

Good lookin' eats right there! You keep cooking for the boys like that & your motor home might get a tad crowded.

ChuckieD

:pJust coundn't help notice that you didn't give the boys fork s before the picture was taken. I learned this too, mines 39 yrs. old now , and it still applies especially when there is venison envaulved.

Nice work DD!
I'd rather see your sons in the pics than your friend from last time,your boys at least smile at the camera!:-D
And what Bobby B. said except I want to be the 6th.:cool:

Nice man food. The look on the boys face in the last pic says it all, quit taking pics so we can eat LOL:icon_bigsmil

That picture of what ever you say it was in your hand, could possibly be the nastiest thing I have ever saw. lol. However, the finished product looks great. Well done Bo!!! The boys look happy.
Todd

Great meal! Did you hand out forks, or do teenagers not need them these days? I'd chow down on that fork or no fork.

Great looking feast Bo, your sons are handsome fellows too! :cool:

Back