Fast Eddy & Butcher BBQ Class

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I was fortunate to help at the very first Butcher BBQ & Fast Eddy class in Ponca City, OK this weekend. This was David's first ever class and he was GREAT!!! I've known David for a few years and have been privy to some of his competition techniques and secrets. He really gave it up.

With almost 30 years in the meat business, the guy has to know something, right? I was blown away! I've met a few people in the pork and beef industry that know cuts and meat characteristics. David is unique from my experience in that he also knows how they cook. He spoke to several specific muscles in pork butt and picnics, for example. I learned a lot.

It was such an honor to be there in the back as a "helper". As they say, trust your butcher.

His brisket tasted like second place, though. (inside joke)

David is also just a great Guy to spend a day with
Glad to hear it was a success

Thats some class when the American Royal Champ is a teacher's assistant! lol Glad to hear you had a good time. Was that the annual Cookshack class or was that one of Fast Eddie's other classes?

ps.....no pics didn't happen :)

I am really hoping these guys can make their way out to the Pacific Northwest one day...there are quite a few folks out here that would love to take that class (myself included). :p

This was the annual Cookshack class. Fast Eddy does one class each year. I'm working on getting the pics uploaded off of my camera.

Students could buy one of the FEC-100's used in the class for $2700!! Soooo tempting! I think they all sold, too.

CookshackClass049.jpg

CookshackClass050.jpg

CookshackClass051.jpg

This was the annual Cookshack class. Fast Eddy does one class each year. I'm working on getting the pics uploaded off of my camera.

Yep...Swamprb and I were seriously considering going...but decided to wait until we're ready to purchase the FE100...hopefully in time to take to the Royal or Jack next year...see if we can give you a run for the money! :twisted::lol:

Did you happen to run in to bigdogphin (Jesse) from Oregon? He was planning on attending the class and possibly buying an FE.

Great pics Todd, It was a wide diverse of people from around the United States and even had a traveler from Singapore.

For the 2nd place comment, I know what we did and I to would like to taste the 1st place.

What a great class. The information from David and Fast Eddy was phenominal. My Brother flew down from Alaska and I flew from Oregon. We both said the class was well worth the trip. We accomplished our goals going into the class. 1. Learn from some of the best about BBQ cooking, 2. Learn more about the FEC and which model would be best for us. 3. Meet new people that love bbq.

Thank you to David, Fast Eddy, Todd, Russ, Merl and Stuart

Now its time to practice for next year:-D

What a great class. The information from David and Fast Eddy was phenominal. My Brother flew down from Alaska and I flew from Oregon. We both said the class was well worth the trip. We accomplished our goals going into the class. 1. Learn from some of the best about BBQ cooking, 2. Learn more about the FEC and which model would be best for us. 3. Meet new people that love bbq.

Thank you to David, Fast Eddy, Todd, Russ, Merl and Stuart

Now its time to practice for next year:-D

Enjoyed meeting you, Jesse.

Saw Smoking Mike in one of the pics. Sounded like a great class. :icon_cool

Sounds like a blast, I wish I could have been there.... but my little ladies would never let me go during the big Birthday Party.

Never a doubt in my mind David would teach a killer class!

Back