Battle of the BBQ Brethren, Sayville, NY - Oct 24-26, 2008

1) Fatty FAQ

2) Not sure of the rules for the pizza.. Maybe Open presentation in real Pizza box or Mini Pizza ?

Thanks for the info - my mind is going on what I can do to change what might be natures perfect food

Regarding the Pizza and Iron Chef portion - I'm all for open garnish - let's have the competitors strech their creative legs a bit - why be so rigid?

Hello!

Sorry to have not answered earlier. I am waiting on word from NEBS regarding some garnish questions (specifically for dessert and Iron Chef). As soon as I hear back I will post the info.

We have some fun and interesting plans and I don't want to give any wrong answers before I hear back from the good people at NEBS.

Thanks!

Eric

There will be a posting shortly that will answer Tims questions in post 19.

I wanted to let everyone know that the Sayville Chamber has arranged to have rooms available for our use at $99 a night at the Holiday Inn adjacent to Islip Macarthur Airport.

I will have the promotion code for those that need it tomorrow.

Eric

wish that we could make it, but, the following weekend heading down to Shelby NC for the contest down there.....gotta get in that last fix before snow flies.....
But, anyone interested in heading to FL sometime this winter for a contest or two?

Cracker and I are looking forward to meeting all of you!!! We fly in on Thursday and fly back out on Monday.

Spice

$99.00 per night. Promo code Z04

Nice hotel, clean, about four miles from the event. Plenty of parking (even for oversize vehicles).

Holiday Inn
3845 Veterans Memorial Highway
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779

631 585 9500
www.holidayinn.com/longislandny

Eric

Any insite if the merry go round and super slide will be on premise again?

I'm not exactly sure what the final breakdown will be, but there will be less rides and such and the judging and bands will be in the park with the competitors as opposed to across the street like last year.

Eric

Starting to get pretty pumped for the competition! Any idea when the official website will be updated with the 2008 teams listing and an updated fall festival/BBQ contest flyer?

The grilling rules were just emailed to all of the teams that have signed up for the Battle of the BBQ Brethren.

A few email addy's were dead.

If you did NOT receive a copy, please send me an email and I will reply with the rules. saberinc@verizon.net

Thanks!

Eric

The grilling rules were just emailed to all of the teams that have signed up for the Battle of the BBQ Brethren.

A few email addy's were dead.

If you did NOT receive a copy, please send me an email and I will reply with the rules. saberinc@verizon.net

Thanks!

Eric

Yeah we just got the email, Hot Dogs? Optional settings? Looks like the grilling just went down hill... maybe we need to add a lemonade category. looking foward to Sunday:twisted:

Starting to get pretty pumped for the competition! Any idea when the official website will be updated with the 2008 teams listing and an updated fall festival/BBQ contest flyer?

Kevin, Looking forward to seeing you guys again. Bring your A game and a Keg. We're trying to cut back on expenses, we'll drink from your pocket!!!

Yeah. I kinda feel the same way. Was looking foward to the grilling comp, but it seems like MIM just rolled into town. It's gonna be our first competiton and are not prepared to deal with judges at the tent. Not crying about it, just wish I knew that up front, and would have sat out on grilling. I don't know if we will even compete in grilling now. Email didn't include any times? Don't feel as if we're ready for it. Good luck to those psyched about it. Sorry. I'm just disappointed.

Back