Feral Hog, Thai & Tuscany Sausages

boatnut

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Giant Eagle had pork butts on sale, so I picked a couple up and made several batches of sausage. My friend Dean, had given me some feral hog and I added a little bit of pork shoulder to that as well as some pig backfat and assorted spices. Came out good, but I couldnt tell difference between wild and tame pig, although my palate isn't as refined as some.

The thai sausage was from a recipe in Food & Wine that I tore outta the magazine in doctor's office :). Included Thai Basil, Thai peppers, lime juice,ginger, garlic etc. Test patty was pretty darn good.

Tuscany, was an italian that included: cubed pecorino/romano cheese, garlic, red wine, parsley, anchovies, sun dried tomatoes and assorted other spices. Test patty was bursting with flavor.

I think next project will be some snack stix then possibly some assorted chicken sausages. It's that time of year :)

Last edited:
Wait, you mangled a magazine in your Docters office?!!?:shocked:

Guess I'm not the only one who recipe rustles:becky:

Mike, those sausages look and sound awesome.

Nothing wrong with that! I love sausage!
Depending on what they eat... we have them here in Hawaii...my friends go only a particular area of the Mountain, because they eat the Guava, and other berries mostly, the meat doesn't quite as strong gamey flavor,while the other areas they forage around and other stuff and meat has a strong gamey taste...yuck! Whatever wild pig you use, I would marinate it a little extra than normal! Just my H.O

Now those are my kind of wind chimes...great looking links and darn interesting recipes for the sausage.

Nice sausages. I'd like to learn how to make them somday.

Back