Roll Call. Inside 30 days. NYC BBQ Cook-Off, Staten Island, NY

Bearded Pigs BBQ will be there this is our first comp

Congratulations!

Swing by our site, MORNIN' WOOD...! We'd be happy to meet you, share what we know, and sip some bourbon!
We've been at this comp the past couple years, and we're happy to help you with whatever you need.

There's plenty of space. If you want to sleep in your tent, there's probably room very near your site...if not, pitch it wherever. Or sleep in your vehicle. Or just bring a cot or a zero-gravity chair.

And yes, it's a KCBS comp, they supply turn-in boxes.

Have people heard from the organizers at all? I sent in my app a little later than I should have and haven't heard from them yet.

Yes, had an email and a couple of phone calls. Definitely call them.

Have people heard from the organizers at all? I sent in my app a little later than I should have and haven't heard from them yet.

I've been contacted twice by Frank
Frank Saulle <fsaulle@historicrichmondtown.org>
Or contact Eze. See top of thread for phone and email.

Come by and say hi. We don't bite if you bring bourbon.

Should we make a Brethren Brothers wager? $20? Top Brethren overall takes it...

Should we make a Brethren Brothers wager? $20? Top Brethren overall takes it...

Meat At Slims organized a bunch of side bets last year. They did a Bottle of Bourbon-Chicken, $5 Ribs, Bottle of Craft Beer Pork and $10 Brisket.

Made it fun and heck, I won Chicken at one of the contests and all that Bourbon!

If you or someone wants to organize something, I'm in.

Looking forward to meeting you all. Should be a fun time.

Thought my new Stumps would be in this week as I got the call it went to paint last week. At this rate I'll be seasoning it at the comp. Always have the BGE's.

How many of you are doing peoples choice? I see giving out PC samples starts the same time as turn-in starts (noon). That will keep us busy :-D

Doing the PC also ..

Quick question.. how many butts does everyone do for one of these comps

Last edited:
Don't get excited with the PC, just serve your left over butts from the comp. The PC isn't done correctly and like most PC a local person usually wins. Last year teams were charging people their one coin to taste the pork. The first year a local team sent their kids over to our site to yell obscenities at us and at the people on our line. The team that was yelling profanities was the one that won.

teams have asked the organizers to change the way it is done, but they can't seem to wrap their heads around that concept.

Last year they actually had 2 pork butts donated to each team.

You gotta be kidding. There's a grand up for grabs. That's some BS

I am going to bring a super soaker. That ought to take care of those kids. Ha ha

Admission Fee

Hi WOW $12.00 to get in..:doh: I'll think I will pass this one..
Good Luck to all the Brethren members, that will be competing..
DanB

Good luck folks Going to have to pass this year. Had a ton of fun last year, even driving with the trailer on the BQE was an experience.

I think my hand is still numb up from a Blazing Butt high five when they got called.

I bailed on the PC due to the stories I've heard. They called me several times to join in and I jsut dont have the time or patience or capacity to deal with it this year. Competing is gonna be hard enough since im coming back from florida on wednesday and will have one day to prepare.

Packin' Heat BBQ will be there. We will have our 2 new Humphreys Smokers if anyone wants to check them out.

This is our first time at the event, and it will be great to be close to home. Its dissapointing to hear about the PC event. We will see what happens.

Back