MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #76
Smokin Mike
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by f308gt4 View Post
OK, finally got a chance to use it tonight when I was grilling some Salmon. In general, worked pretty well.

I did find a bug, however. It is under the Cook Notes. I had added a bunch of notes on the cook, such as the fact that I was cooking on the raised grid, the lump was a little damp and slow to start, etc. I saved the notes, and all was well. But, when I changed the pit temp value, it erased all of the notes I had saved. They seem to be lost forever.

I was able to replicate the error by starting a new test cook, entering some notes, then saving. Again, when I typed in a pit temp, all of the notes disappeared.

Other then that, I like how it worked. It should be very handy to log all of my cooks.
I did what you did, and notes was gone. I usually cook different temps during a cook and didn't see a way to plug that in.

Killer App!!! I will venture to say I would easily purchase this app, even without a guru,,
FEC-100's
KCBS, FBA Judge
Smokin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #77
f308gt4
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by moontz View Post
sorry about that. thanks for letting us know. we will look into asap and target a fix for next release.
No need to be sorry. You put in a lot of effort to write an awesome app. Nobody expects the first version to be perfect. I'm happy to help out.
f308gt4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #78
Odin the Dog
Full Fledged Farker

This is awesome. Thanks!
Odin the Dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2012, 12:33 PM   #79
noquarter
Knows what a fatty is.

I have a question about the BBQ guru probes. I have a maverick thermometer set already, do I need to add probes to the guru if I buy one?
Thanks
noquarter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2012, 01:58 AM   #80
Durzil
Full Fledged Farker

Downloaded and rated!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-19-2012, 07:20 AM   #81
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Definitely a great app this will keep track of eveything I need thanks man!!

Old 12-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #82
Hook'n Bull
Knows what a fatty is.

Maiden run with the app was great. Downloaded the license today. :)
Hook'n Bull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #83
moontz

Released v1.5 last night.

The couple of issues found by the brethren here have been fixed. You'll also notice a small difference in the start screen. We needed to find a licensing model to support future development and also didn't want to pull a bait and switch on anyone who already downloaded. So we have 3 versions now.

Backyard FREE, Competitor FREE, and Competitor PAID

You guys & gals who downloaded already will be running competitor FREE which has all functionality as it stands to date. Although... We had to put some incentive on upgrading to PRO so we put a couple small non interfering ads and a cook history limit on it. Also, there will be future enhancements that may only be available in the PRO version.

The upgrade price is pretty darn cheap for what it is at $1.99. Any funds from this app will go right back into development of it (hosting costs, image rights costs, new enhancements, etc). But I think it is a very reasonable price considering the McD's breakfast burrito I got this morning cost more

Thanks again for all the feedback and keep it coming (as well as the market reviews and facebook likes if you have a chance).
moontz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2012, 08:57 PM   #84
ksu1971

I always support good developers out there and this is one I supported. Although it doesn't have everything I need as of yet

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
[/COLOR][/B]Maverick ET-732
ksu1971 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2012, 09:15 PM   #85
moontz

Quote:
Originally Posted by f308gt4 View Post
OK, finally got a chance to use it tonight when I was grilling some Salmon. In general, worked pretty well.

I did find a bug, however. It is under the Cook Notes. I had added a bunch of notes on the cook, such as the fact that I was cooking on the raised grid, the lump was a little damp and slow to start, etc. I saved the notes, and all was well. But, when I changed the pit temp value, it erased all of the notes I had saved. They seem to be lost forever.

I was able to replicate the error by starting a new test cook, entering some notes, then saving. Again, when I typed in a pit temp, all of the notes disappeared.

Other then that, I like how it worked. It should be very handy to log all of my cooks.
This is fixed. Thanks again for the heads up.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #86
moontz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksu1971 View Post
I always support good developers out there and this is one I supported. Although it doesn't have everything I need as of yet

Thanks. And please do tell what youre lookin for Always looking to improve. PM me if easier to discuss.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #87
ksu1971

One of the things I would like to see has already been mentioned and that is the ability to chart and trend the manual data.

Also how about giving us the ability to enter other items on the drop down lists. For example I am getting ready to cook a turkey. I could add that to my list and choose it instead of using other.

Something I noticed is the screen refresh on the cook screen. The duration timer doesn't seem to be updating.

This might have been mentioned but how about being able to backup to Dropbox?

[/COLOR][/B]Maverick ET-732
ksu1971 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-25-2012, 12:33 AM   #88
rondini
Full Fledged Farker

Just downloaded on my new Galaxy Proclaim a few minutes ago.
Thanks.

Old 12-25-2012, 08:40 AM   #89
kenthanson
is one Smokin' Farker

DL'd it a couple of weeks ago and loved it so far, but was using it two days ago and in the morning set up the cook and just didn't light the fire. When I went to go start the real fire I couldn't figure out how to light the fake fire.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #90
moontz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksu1971 View Post
One of the things I would like to see has already been mentioned and that is the ability to chart and trend the manual data.

Also how about giving us the ability to enter other items on the drop down lists. For example I am getting ready to cook a turkey. I could add that to my list and choose it instead of using other.

Something I noticed is the screen refresh on the cook screen. The duration timer doesn't seem to be updating.

This might have been mentioned but how about being able to backup to Dropbox?

Great ideas. The ability to backup/export data seems to be at the top of everyone's list so will try to address sooner than later. And the duration should update every 60 seconds when on screen. We could do "real time" refreshes but to save processing/battery life, we just opted for every 60 secs.