Spatched a Pie

Meat Burner

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Basic recipe was from recipezarr.com. Spatchcocked a 4 lb bird on the Weber. Made some pie crust and ....walla...chicken pot pie!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2660.jpg
    IMG_2660.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_2661.jpg
    IMG_2661.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_2662.jpg
    IMG_2662.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 185
Oooo, nice job Meat, that is a good looking pie.

Mmmmm.... :-D Looks great Neighbor!

Haven't had pot-pie since i was a kid. That looks great

Those are some nice looking pie's. The crust looks fantastic.

I hated those things growing up, but I have to say that looks yummy. My wife has been threatening to make some... I think I will let her.

Now those look good. I've made smoked bird pot pies and love 'em!

I loves me some chicken pot pie! Those look just right. Great job MB :icon_bigsmil

I'll just post it here bro. Couldn't get the link to work.

by: breezrmom
Jul 3, 2005
• 1 cup chopped onion
• 1 cup chopped celery
• 1 1/2 cups diced potatoes
• 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
• 1/2 cup margarine or butter
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 cups chicken broth
• 1 cup half-and-half
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
• 2 (15 ounce) packages refrigerated pie crusts
Directions

1. Saute potato in margarine for 5 minutes in a dutch oven. Add onion, celery and thawed frozen vegetables. Saute for another 10 minutes. Add flour gradually to the sauteed mixture, stirring constantly for one minute.
2. Allow refrigerated pie crust to come to room temperature. Meanwhile, combine half and half and chicken broth. Gradually stir into the vegetable mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in salt and pepper. Add chopped chicken, stirring well. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
3. Preheat oven to 400°.
4. Spray nonstick spray into a 9 X 13 casserole. Place pie crust on the bottom of the pan to cover, cutting to fit. Pour chicken/vegetable mixture over the pie crust, then top with the remaining pie crust. Cut vents into the top crust.
5. Bake for 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Enjoy!

It looks like a lot of filling but is about right. I added a cup of mushrooms and forgot to add some corn. The spatchcock chicken was really good and I made 3 flakey pie crusts.
The original post shows two 5" pyrex bowls and here is the remainder in a 9 x 9 pyrex dish for freezing. Amounts worked out just fine. Thanks everyone for the positive comments...appreciate ya.

Attachments

• IMG_2664.jpg
    IMG_2664.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 21
Sounds like a great recipe, and the Pie looks awsome. Thank YOU meat.:cool:

Back