North Carolina Barbecue Book

Saw shipping costs but my thinking some history and one or two solid recipes it’s worth <$10. That said I didn’t order as I ordered a North Carolina book yesterday. The only bad review I saw had to do with the condition the book arrived in, not the content.

Interesting North Carolina BBQ article I saw this AM

Won’t post it here but google ‘North Carolina grievous sin: confusing grilling for barbecuing‘

You’ll get a chuckle. Old topic gets kicked around every winter.

My Lang Tru-Tel was installed in Nahunta , GA. Sometimes ya gotta set boundaries.

OZW1aRsl.jpg

Interesting North Carolina BBQ article I saw this AM

Won’t post it here but google ‘North Carolina grievous sin: confusing grilling for barbecuing‘

You’ll get a chuckle. Old topic gets kicked around every winter.

My Lang Tru-Tel was installed in Nahunta , GA. Sometimes ya gotta set boundaries.

LMAO...I saw this article yesterday and I have to be honest...politics aside someone who lives in NC should really know better than to put on such a charade.

I ordered the Sam Jones Whole Hog yesterday. I have no plans to ever cook a whole hog, but the author Daniel Vaughn is the BBQ editor at Texas Monthly and author of The Prophets Of Smoked Meat. I really enjoy his writing style. It was down to $16 yesterday

Whole Hog BBQ: The Gospel of Carolina Barbecue with Recipes from Skylight Inn and Sam Jones BBQ [A Cookbook] https://www.amazon.com/dp/0399581324/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_iIqDFbEV6HVW0

Whole Hog BBQ: The Gospel of Carolina Barbecue with Recipes from Skylight Inn and Sam Jones BBQ [A Cookbook] https://www.amazon.com/dp/0399581324/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_iIqDFbEV6HVW0

The whole hog book is fantastic. One day I’m going to do it. Read a friend’s book. Waiting to find a copy on sale

And the banana pudding is killer. The recipe starts like this : “my momma’s recipe. So good you’ll want to rub it all over your face.” If that doesn’t say “make me” nothing else does.

I disagree with eating it warm like it says. Once chilled, woah!

Last edited:
Back