MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:17 PM   #136
Plowboy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Don't let Phil see this. He doesn't know that meat comes from animals. They are delivered in cryos by storks.

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2009, 01:38 PM   #137
Plowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick's Tropical Delight View Post
now you know i felt on the whole adobo thing. what do you want us all to send you?
I'm still waiting for my buckets of MSG.

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #138
nolesfan954
On the road to being a farker

Default A Message to Cowgirl

Please accept my apology for doubting your abilities. I am so used to people on the internet claiming to be what they are not that I am naturally cynical about what I believe.
It is almost beyond my belief that anyone (note I said anyone, not a woman) could be so talented in so many ways. I was thinking of the the old movie, "Christmas in Connecticut" in which the famous food writer was a complete fabrication.
I hope you'll find it in your heart to accept me back as a valued member of the brethren. If you have no objections, I'll be glad to publically post this apology.
Richard
nolesfan954 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #139
Arlin_MacRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolesfan954 View Post
Please accept my apology for doubting your abilities. I am so used to people on the internet claiming to be what they are not that I am naturally cynical about what I believe.
It is almost beyond my belief that anyone (note I said anyone, not a woman) could be so talented in so many ways. I was thinking of the the old movie, "Christmas in Connecticut" in which the famous food writer was a complete fabrication.
I hope you'll find it in your heart to accept me back as a valued member of the brethren. If you have no objections, I'll be glad to publically post this apology.
Richard
Come on back, Richard. No need to run off.

The Internet can indeed make being cynical easy. You just need to know how to phrase your questions, especially if you're going to pick on someone like our cowgirl.

Jeanie's unlike anyone else on this board and she's on a pedestal whether she wants to be or not. So, when a 'new guy'...well, you can see where I'm going with this.

Skepticism is OK - it keeps us from falling victim to the not-so-virtuous folks on the Internet - but sometimes it can be interpreted as an attack. I'm glad you turned out to be OK, and I'm sure cowgirl is happier you came back to apologize. I am.

Arlin

Primo Oval Junior, Traeger Model 075 Pellet Pooper, Big Chief, Kingfisher Kooker 14" gas/wood combo, PBC Brethren Edition, Pit Boss NASCAR Tailgater
Home Brewer, Murderer of Squirrels, Armadillo Inspector
Flaming Pig Head Mod
Certified KCBS Master BBQ Judge
Arlin_MacRae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #140
leanza
Babbling Farker

I agree with you Arlin.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:04 PM   #141
Cast Iron Chef
is One Chatty Farker

Darn I can't come up with anything better to say that hasn't already been said. Looks awesome!

Going back to stuffing chicken in the pig. I was at a pig roast in Southern Illinois and they stuff chickens and potatoes in the pig. That pork juice ran through the chickens and potatoes MMMMMMMMM good!
22.5" Weber One Touch Platinum
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Genesis[/COLOR] 3 Gasser
Bradley [/COLOR][/SIZE]Bisquette[SIZE=2][COLOR=#000000] Pooper
Bullpen BBQ Team
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Last edited by Cast Iron Chef; 12-01-2009 at 02:30 PM..
Cast Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2009, 02:06 PM   #142
Rookie'48
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanza View Post
I agree with you Arlin.
X2.

I purposely did NOT post after reading this thread the first time. Maybe I'm getting smarter in my old age . But I DID put on my bib before opening one of Jeanie's theads - saves on keyboards that way .
Judge Number 6 competition BBQ team

Possibly the only judge ever to get an award from a bunch of cooks

UDS 075 UCB WSM and a bunch of other stuff.
Rookie'48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2009, 02:10 PM   #143
deguerre

Quote:
Richard
Now that took moinks. Kudos Richard.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2009, 02:13 PM   #144
NorthwestBBQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlin_MacRae View Post
Come on back, Richard. No need to run off.

The Internet can indeed make being cynical easy. You just need to know how to phrase your questions, especially if you're going to pick on someone like our cowgirl.

Jeanie's unlike anyone else on this board and she's on a pedestal whether she wants to be or not. So, when a 'new guy'...well, you can see where I'm going with this.

Skepticism is OK - it keeps us from falling victim to the not-so-virtuous folks on the Internet - but sometimes it can be interpreted as an attack. I'm glad you turned out to be OK, and I'm sure cowgirl is happier you came back to apologize. I am.

Arlin
That's the true Brethren spirit, Arlin, and it's the reason this is the best BBQ website on the net. We love you Jeanie!
NorthwestBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2009, 02:25 PM   #145
landarc

Now, buckets of MSG...

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2009, 02:52 PM   #146
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Quote:
Richard
Thank you for the apology. As I said in my PM reply to you, I've not met many people like you. I live in a farming/ranching community... and am not the only woman who raises animals on her own. It's a way of life out here,
nothing unusual. Some might not be as addicted to smoking as I am but they all cook up a storm.

I did google "Christmas in Connecticut" I've not heard of it....and to answer your question,
Quote:
You do have TV, don't you?
Yes I DO have a tv..... Other modern conveniences too.

Again, apology accepted.

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #147
NorthwestBBQ

You are an angel, Jeanie. Keep the Threads and Photos comming!

Old 12-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #148
chambersuac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlin_MacRae View Post

Arlin
I don't have to be skeptical. I have the unique ability to read people's minds and know precisely if what they are posting on the Internet is truth or fiction. In fact, I invented the Internet. I only shared it with others so I could keep track on everyone. Not only did I invent the Internet, I own and run the Internet. I'm just a little bit better than everyone else at everything. Except cooking and photography. But other than that, I am the best at everything. In fact, tomorrow is MY day - I bought it from the government. It's celebrated in sixteen countries. Children run in the streets and sing songs to me.

I'm glad Jeanie and Richard reconciled. I'm going to take my meds now.

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2009, 03:02 PM   #149
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestBBQ View Post
You are an angel, Jeanie. Keep the Threads and Photos comming!
Michael, thank you!

My deer season/pig cookout has taken a toll on me. lol I think I wore myself out with the work and late nights. Now I have caught a cold.

I'm going to have to drink a hot toddy or something to knock this bug outta me.
I'll try to not breathe on any of you.

lol Dan, thanks for the laugh! I needed that! lol

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2009, 03:05 PM   #150
NorthwestBBQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
Michael, thank you!

My deer season/pig cookout has taken a toll on me. lol I think I wore myself out with the work and late nights. Now I have caught a cold.

I'm going to have to drink a hot toddy or something to knock this bug outta me.
I'll try to not breath on any of you.
Oh by all means breathe on me, Jeanie! (maybe some of your skills will rub off) and get well soon!