Did my first whole hog yesterday!

Awesome. SWMBO doesn't like eating things with faces, so this would be a tough sell in my house. :wacko:

Nice job!
I've been thinking about the same thing, but haven't convinced "She who must obeyed" yet.

One more!

C8C7DD4C-6DEA-4C85-86DE-4EEB5FAEA53E-2406-000002DC9C6F818D_zps35ce9175.jpg

Any opinions out there for which way is best to cook, racer style or skin side down to "pool" the juices?

Great platform - never would have thought of using the jawhorse.
If its good enough holding a wooden door...
Great thinking out of the box!

HaHa, yea. It's amazing what starts looking like a table after 15 or 16 beers.

Very cool. Congrats. I would have never thought that you could fit a whole pig in a little Lang 36. Thanks for proving me wrong.

Nice job! I've been wanting to try that but I haven't went for it.

Awesome looking hog! Every time I wake up super early for a long smoke I crack open a beer just like you did. Can't beat it.

Very cool. Congrats. I would have never thought that you could fit a whole pig in a little Lang 36. Thanks for proving me wrong.

I had my doubts. Had a bone saw on the patio table just incase! Cooked very evenly though. Hats off to Lang for doing such a good job on these things.

Nice job! I've been wanting to try that but I haven't went for it.

Do it! It's a good time. There's something about a whole hog that gets everyone excited. I've probably had 15 people send me pictures from the party today, LoL.

Awesome looking hog! Every time I wake up super early for a long smoke I crack open a beer just like you did. Can't beat it.

America!

Back