MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 06-14-2015, 10:09 PM   #1
plowin-fire
Full Fledged Farker

Default Tractor Pull Vending. Crazy...

Did some vending at a local tractor pull over the weekend. 700 people paid admission and we fed almost 600 of them. Non stop line from 6pm to 1030pm. Only thing we ran out of was hot dog buns. Sold ribs, pulled pork and brisket sandwiches, smoked hot dogs, loaded pulled pork and brisket waffle fries. About a 20 minute wait to order and about 1 to 2 minutes to receive order. Had 6 people working in there. Lots of fun!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10955635_10204331864478077_1217984323409164800_o.jpg (70.7 KB, 216 views)

Old 06-14-2015, 10:52 PM   #2
bizznessman
is one Smokin' Farker

Very Impressive serve times for that much steady business....CONGRATS!!!!!
Old 06-15-2015, 09:17 PM   #3
Dadeo719
is one Smokin' Farker

Very cool brother. Can I ask how you landed this gig?
Old 06-15-2015, 11:17 PM   #4
plowin-fire
Full Fledged Farker

I used to pull in the super stock diesel pickup class for a few years so i got to know the organizers. Then when i got my new trailer i asked them about vending and they said sure. Gave the lady selling taverns and nachos the boot and i got in. Been requested back for 3 years now. Other vendors have asked to get in but the organizers wont let anyone else in unless i approve. Also helps to be good friends with the President...