• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What weight of comp meats do you like

Shiz-Nit

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Just in general pending on if everything looks good. What size briskets and pork butts or shoulders do you tend to look for?

Also I have been holding my brisket for a few weeks in the cryovac. Do you all do the same with pork butts and ribs? I have not yet on them but I was wondering if anybody else does?

I like Big Butts, I Cannot Lie

Just in general pending on if everything looks good. What size briskets and pork butts or shoulders do you tend to look for?

Also I have been holding my brisket for a few weeks in the cryovac. Do you all do the same with pork butts and ribs? I have not yet on them but I was wondering if anybody else does?

Aging may help beef, but it won't help pork. As far as everything else goes, bigger is better.

Pork will spoil quickly. Freeze it if not using that weekend. With pork the fresher the better.

I like 18 lb brisket and 9-10 lb butts if I can get them.

I prefer 9-10lbs butts as well. Briskets typically in the range of 17+lb. Ribs I generally don't even look at the weight, I just look at the meat and judge as best I can.

I think that the weight of my chicken and ribs is more important than the weight of the pork and brisket.

17-18lb brisket, 9-10lb butt. Have not ever really worried about weight of chicken but rather size and appearance.

I try to get briskets around 15-17 lbs
Butts 8-9
Look for weight in ribs as well.
Chicken mainly by size and how it looks

Back