Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Capital City Cookoff - Jefferson City, MO 4/17-4/18

Smokin' Joe

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I know it a ways off yet but any brothers planning to cook this one in April? We are thinking of heading down...looks like this one attracts some of the best teams from the midwest. Is it pretty well run?

Its a great contest. The organizer is Bruce Ring of Kick Some Ash and he knows what cooks want in a contest. And this contest is for the cooks. It is the highest paying contest in Missouri only topped by the American Royal. There will be several Iowa boys coming down.

Wasnt their something like 65 teams last year from 7 or 8 states? It was an awesome site.

Yep, 64 teams last year...looks like its held at the fairgrounds.

yeah, they have a nice big open area. I judged there last year.

Team Q is planning to be there. It's a good, well run contest, we're looking forward to it!

Gonna miss this one this year. Going to stay a little closer to home and do the Washington comp.

I doubt it, does he have room for a ton of teams? It looked like he had 60ish teams last year and I figure if he wanted to he could do another 20 easy - dpending on how he wants to put them in there.

i'd love to go, but the judges just don't like me there, and my wife won't let me !!.. i'm kinda cutting down contests, and since there's more and more close to me, I feel I need to do what I can to support them.

Need a couple of pit bitches? T and I may see if we could judge this one.
Becky and I judged this last year, there were no amatures cooking there.
I'm not sure where we'll be that weekend this year. Too many choices!!

Put my check in the mail today...see you guys there
Come on April, hurry up and get here!

Got the material in yesterday - Please head the warning on the limited electricity. That could put a big damper on things for some teams.

Got my hands on a generator...bring your earplugs:eek:

Its actually not that bad, quieter than I thought it would be...See you guys in 3 weeks

Back