• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Oakridge BBQ Habanero Death Wings

I figured everyone would like the leaf blower trick... :becky: :thumb:

I've done something similar with one of these that I had in my patio cabinet, but I found that it blew ash all over, including on the food. :shocked:

1131130314_68627W.gif

How do you avoid that, Mike?

John

I've done something similar with one of these that I had in my patio cabinet, but I found that it blew ash all over, including on the food. :shocked:

How do you avoid that, Mike?

John
That can be a problem. Here's a couple things I found out by trial and error...
  • Anything above an idle can put ash everywhere. But even my entry level Stihl blower moves more than enough air just idling, so anything more isn't really needed anyway.
  • Leave the lid on top. This creates positive pressure in the uint and greatly helps prevent ash from making it up past the water pan. Any loose ash exits through the door instead. (path of least resistance)
  • Another key factor that seems to help is to only use this technique on short-term cooks, like chicken. The coal bed had only been going for a little over an hour on these wings, so any residual ash was minimized because of the "new" fire.

Hope this helps... :thumb: :wink:

Death Dust arrived in the mail today. Of course, I had to taste it. Stuff has a really nice flavor and definitely a "bite" to it. I can definitely see where a dozen wings with this on 'em can be about all one could handle. Not sure if I want to use it on ribs just yet. I think I'll give the wings a try this weekend as a test!

just received number 46 and 47 of 150 in the mail today, CTO is firing up now for some chicken and brisket... Im going to add some of this in with my normal brisket rub to kick it up

Death Dust

I received #16 and #17 and was waiting for someone to post a cook that I could copy. Yours looks excellent!!!! I will have to give it a try. The color on the wings looks great!!!

Here's another idea for you... sprinkle some over a pile of french fries.

I did this last night for dinner and I couldn't stop eating those fries!!!

Back