UDS Final Pics - Flame Paint, Charcoal basket, Shelf

Pappy

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Granite City, Illinois (Near St. Louis "GO CARDS")
Finally finished my 1st UDS. Here are some pics. Recycled shelf & wheels. Weber lid, 2 shelves, homemade charcoal basket, plow disk ash pan, and my favorite, a flame paint job (2000 degree header paint).
I wish I had a CNC machine or knew where to get a couple of pig shaped metal silhouette's. I would weld them on the "fat man" handles.

IMG_3482.jpg

IMG_3481.jpg

IMG_3472.jpg

IMG_3471.jpg

IMG_3470.jpg

IMG_3469.jpg

IMG_3468.jpg

IMG_3467.jpg

IMG_3459.jpg

IMG_3458.jpg

IMG_3457.jpg

IMG_3456.jpg

Looks very slick. So did you just tape the base and then cut out the flames? As far as the CNC machine, I believe Smoker King has some access to a water jet cutter. Also, search for the thread on the midnight smoker giveaway. That guy in Minneapolis, KS obviously has some cool cutting tools.

Also, that is a very sturdy looking charcoal basket. I am guessing the center cylinder is there in case you want better airflow? What is that hook in the middle for?

Looks very slick. So did you just tape the base and then cut out the flames?
Yes, It's left over "Frog Tape".

As far as the CNC machine, I believe Smoker King has some access to a water jet cutter. Also, search for the thread on the midnight smoker giveaway. That guy in Minneapolis, KS obviously has some cool cutting tools.

Also, that is a very sturdy looking charcoal basket. I am guessing the center cylinder is there in case you want better airflow?
Yes, I read where someone did some buscuit testing and discovered the the heat is more even from the outer edge to the center of the grate by doing this. Thought I would try it out.
Thanks for looking.

What is that hook in the middle for?
The center hook is for the ash pan. Kind of like a upside down steel umbrella with 3 feet. I can lift up the charcoal basket by it's self, then remover the ash pan. The basket has a slot so the hook will pass through the bottom grate.

Sweet. My freehand artwork is not good enough for that, I have looked around for patterns, and only have found stick on decals.

I really like that side table too. One of these days I plan on mounting some Green Egg Mate tables on mine, only because they would fold down.

Awesome job, love the flames, I bet you got some serious hours into that basket, good luck.

Back