MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:19 PM   #1
biggs98
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Reheating advice

Hey guys looking for some advice please. I have a couple weekends coming up where I have to cook Ribs/Brisket/Pork/Chicken and some sides for 4 different people each weekend. Will be dropping off on fri afternoon or sat morning but cooking on thurs. They know they'll be getting the food cold and have to re-heat.

What's the best way to package these?? I was thinking of vacuum sealing the meats and telling them to re-heat in a covered pan with some water or apple juice at 350 for 25/30 minutes. Does this seem right?

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!
[B][COLOR="Blue"][COLOR="Yellow"]Joe[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B] - [B][U][COLOR="DarkOrange"][COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Black"]CHUBBY HUBBY BBQ - [/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Black"]Humphreys[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="black"][COLOR="Yellow"]Pint[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B] / STAINLESS UDS(Build in Progress)/2 UDS /1 WSM / Weber Gasser/ 22.5 Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36/ The Absolute Fastest Super Fast [B][U][B][I]BLACK[/I][/B][/U][/B] Thermapen[COLOR="Black"][/COLOR]
biggs98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2017, 05:57 PM   #2
Smokiemon
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

Vac seal is great. Apple juice in a foil covered pan is my reheating advice, the temp 325 and time you have is what I go for. Since it's cooked they basically just need to get it warmed up to eat.. A lot of people warm up in a crock pot, I usually use the oven:)

— William Shakespeare

LSG Insulated Cabinet
Webber Summit Gasser
WSM 18.5
Webber Kettle 22.5
Thermapen [COLOR="red"]Red[/COLOR]
BOOGAC
Smokiemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 01-22-2017, 07:26 PM   #3
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

Reheat to 165 degrees internal temp wrapped with a little aj will help.
Old 01-23-2017, 08:38 AM   #4
biggs98
is one Smokin' Farker

Thanks! I think I'm going to also print out stickers with instructions. I'm so used to delivering everything hot and leaving it on sternos
[B][COLOR="Blue"][COLOR="Yellow"]Joe[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B] - [B][U][COLOR="DarkOrange"][COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Black"]CHUBBY HUBBY BBQ - [/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Black"]Humphreys[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="black"][COLOR="Yellow"]Pint[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B] / STAINLESS UDS(Build in Progress)/2 UDS /1 WSM / Weber Gasser/ 22.5 Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36/ The Absolute Fastest Super Fast [B][U][B][I]BLACK[/I][/B][/U][/B] Thermapen[COLOR="Black"][/COLOR]
Old 01-23-2017, 06:05 PM   #5
kurtsara
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Hey you

Vac bagging anything for public consumption requires a variance AND a HAACP plan I thought.
kurtsara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:20 AM   #6
biggs98
is one Smokin' Farker

Thx for the heads up, I'll look into that for sure