introducing VooDoo BBQ Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodoobbqIL

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hello All,

This is a great forum, we learned about it from our neighbors at the Royal this past weekend.

We are team based in Yorkville, IL (about 60 mi from Chicago) but our team cosists of memebers from Tampa FL, St. Louis, Mo, Hannibal, MO, and Indy. We are new to the circuit but did 3 contests this year.

My Father in Law and I have talked about this for awhile and finally made the jump this year. We love the sport and are consistanly amazed at the family community that the teams all have.

We have taken a very home grown approach to the sport, my wife and are event producers and travel the world so we only get to participate when we are at home but we all have a great time.

My partner Dennis and I cook on 2 - 30 gallon custom trash can smokers we designed and fabricated. As well we have a smoker built in our family blacksmith shop (never thought that would come in handy), and of course a Weber Kettle (the Swiss Army Knife of Grills).

We hope to run into other members out there zig zagging across the country.

Keep on smoking....

Kevin
a.k.a Smokecrates (bbq philospher)

voodoobbqIL said:
My partner Dennis and I cook on 2 - 30 gallon custom trash can smokers we designed and fabricated. As well we have a smoker built in our family blacksmith shop (never thought that would come in handy), and of course a Weber Kettle (the Swiss Army Knife of Grills).

We hope to run into other members out there zig zagging across the country.

Keep on smoking....

Kevin
a.k.a Smokecrates (bbq philospher)

Welcome Kevin! I'd love to see some pictures of your cookers! They sound interesting! Hope to meet you in person sometime!

no problem I will post a picture of Lil Ed our upright and the Q cans are very unimpressive from the outside, but it's what's on the inside that counts.

Looks like Ron Greg and I need to take a road trip.

Should take me 25 minutes. I'm in Aurora

Welcome Kevin

Looking forward to meeting you

Welcome,

You were next to Ken at the Royal? If I'd known, I'd of stopped in to say Hi

hey, who do you have cooking out of St Lou, my home town?

Welcome to the neighborhood.

Welcome to the neighborhood. Sounds like you must have some great stories from all over the world. I look forward to meeting you.

Steve

wsm said:
Welcome,

You were next to Ken at the Royal? If I'd known, I'd of stopped in to say Hi

Nope, Kevin was next to us at the Royal. And let me say this... our new brother is a great guy, along with the rest of his crew! We decided together that the AR can keep their "dark side" and loud parties! Next year, we want to cook on the serious side!

Welcome again, Kevin!

Welcome to our little part of the Internet.

Glad to have you here.

TIM

Welcome Kevin, hope I spelled your name right.

Kevin said:
Welcome Kevin, hope I spelled your name right.

And that is why Kevin in Minn. is a full fledged farker. :roll:

Welcome Kevin Looking forward to exchanging the bbq word (when I can pratice long enough to get one) Glad to here others talk about it a while b4 they actualy get started (hope for me.) Welcome again.

Kevin,
Welcome Bro. Hope your experience at the Royal was a good one and hope to see you at a contest next year.

Welcome Kevin,

Grab a cold one and jump into the fray. Looking forward to that VooDoo you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back